We are just a family of five...three boys, a mom, a dad, a hamster, and dog. Welcome to our crazy world. Our adventures will make you laugh, cry, and pee in your pants...
RSS

Sunday, July 22, 2007




What a night we had last night....NO SLEEP...well, maybe 2 hours total...you should see the bags under my eyes. Isaac's sat monitor hasn't been working correctly, so they hooked up a portable one .... and it has the loudest alarm on it! (the whole third floor knows when he de-sats)~! Our roommates asked to be put in a private room...so, they are gone!!! YIPPIE...they were VERY loud! We already asked to be put in a private room, but if a kiddo comes out of surgery and needs isolation, they can make us move back to this room...so, really...we're fine...toughing it out!!! (ha ha ha). Isaac didn't de-sat as much today...but, he's still showing off! They did a morning xray and his IV finally blew. So...they had to bring in a guy from the CVICU...he's suppose to be the best...but, after two tries...he left with his head hanging! They decided to wait until tomorrow when he goes in for the cath...they'll give him a little gas...and put it in then! (thank goodness!) Joe should be here anytime..I can't wait to give him a BIG FAT HUG!!! The boys sound excited to be headed out on another vacation! I hope they give us one night without moving someone in the empty bed!!!

Read Comments
  • Digg
  • Del.icio.us
  • StumbleUpon
  • Reddit
  • RSS

7 comments:

Terri@SteelMagnolia said...

What time is the heart cath???

We have you all in our prayers!

Mandy said...

I tought Joe should be there by now. Hopefully he packed everything. Text me and let me know in the morning how everything went. I'm glad you are being a big girl and toughing things out. I told Joe just to take you a sleeping bag. Take care and we love you.

Mandy

James said...

Hey Kathy,
I hope that ALL goes well with the heart cath today. I will continue to check for an update. So don't leave me hanging! Take care and know that we love you guys :)
James, Abby, Lauren & Carter

Grandma Judy said...

Baby Isaac looks like he's ready to roll. He's such a happy baby.
You can't help but love him.

Perhaps with Joe there now you can break away and go get some rest. Don't leave though until after he has his heart cath. Just climb up in his bed while he's gone. You will fit!

Keep us posted. I'll try not to call until this afternoon.
Love you,
MOM

Cindy said...

What a cute little guy! I hope you were able to get some sleep last night. You sounded sooo tired on the phone yesterday. Well keep me updated. Remember if you need anything, I'm just a phone call away.

Love ya,
Cindy

brookebunker said...

I'm sorry they have to keep sticking him. I wish they could have gotten a PICC line in. You are the best mom. Tell the doc to order you a sleeping pill tonight. love, brooke

Grandma Susie said...

Kathy and Joe, just a note to say I love both and your doing a great job. Give Isaac kisses for me and try not to worry about Chris and Eli - they seem happy to me and are being very cooperative with the preparation for travel tonight. Would love to hear from you after the cath surgery - you've got all the numbers :)
Love ya all, Mom