We are just a family of five...three boys, a mom, a dad, a hamster, and dog. Welcome to our crazy world. Our adventures will make you laugh, cry, and pee in your pants...
RSS

Wednesday, July 25, 2007

Ok Readers,
This is Joe, and I'm not certain how this whole "Blog" thing works, but I know my job is to update it tonight. Most of you already know everything, but you're reading this only to see what kind of cute things Kathy typed - too bad for you (I certainly don't know how to load pictures either, so it's just words from here)...Kathy will be on-line tomorrow, and she can edit this whole thing then, so feel free to stop reading now, and catch back up on Thursday.

Here are the facts as I am aware: We're pretty sure Isaac has a heart problem.

Everything else is hypotheses, asumptions, suppositions, speculations, conjecture and general best guesses.

What we do NOT know:
1 When is surgery
2 What exact procedure they are going to do (they always go in with a plan, but who really knows)
3 When we are coming home
4 When they are going to have the supplies we need to allow us to be discharged
5 How long I can take driving the mini van regardless of how loud I turn up the radio

What we DO know:
1 We are going to have surgery before 8/15 - hopefully as soon as 8/1
2 That surgery will not be the big Unifocalization - Instead, they are going to create an "aortopulmonary window" (Google is your friend here) to increase blood flow, and hopefully grow those PAs in preparation for the unifocalization in 3-6 months- Again, Kathy can drop more knowledge on you tomorrow.
3 We DO have a room at the Ronald McDonald House tomorrow after 3pm for as long as we are in CA
4 Kathy is in a nice room at a decent hotel getting some much needed rest tonight
5 The people we've come in contact with during our experience here are outstanding
6 We miss Chris and Eli a ton
7 We love every one of you. We feel your thoughts and prayers, and thank Heavenly Father every day for such wonderful friends and family.

That's it. Good night.

Read Comments
  • Digg
  • Del.icio.us
  • StumbleUpon
  • Reddit
  • RSS

9 comments:

Terri@SteelMagnolia said...

Ahhh Joe!

That was a fabulous post ...
and you made me cry at the end....

I love you being the "guest writer".

Wow... I can't wait to speak w/ Kathy! NO UNIFOC? and having to go back again for another surgery... UGH.

I am so happy you can stay at RMH even if you're not at Stanford..
(I was under the impression you had to be IN hospital ... but THANK GOD you can stay there ...
you'll meet such wonderful people at RMH.)

God bless you all..

Hugs

Terri@SteelMagnolia said...

BE SURE to give us all RMH address so that we can send you cards

and Starbuck's cards...
Cheescake Factory cards....
See's candy cards...
Olive Garden cards...
PF Chang cards....

These are places I know are around you...

trust me... sometime you'll need to get out of that place for an hour or so...... just to keep your head...

It will do you good... but ... uh... not the waistline (for me.. it was the hip and thigh area that took a hit)

Grandma Judy said...

Hey Joe,
You did GREAT!! I didn't realize you could spell. No typo errors either. Good job!

Thanks for listing things out so we could understand. Thanks too for not including info that might
"shake up" the grandparents too much.

So now, how's Kat? No, how is she really? She has seemed a little different since Sunday. Cindy even noticed. PLEASE make sure she gets her rest.If you need help with Isaac, Mandy is on standby. I'm always available, and I'm sure your mom still has her bags packed.

T&T, if you are reading this, I don't know you, but if you are the family with the twins I've heard all about you. You were some of the first friends Kat met when she moved out there. Kat loves babies, and anytime she gets to see two in the same household, she really goes wild. Thanks so much for keeping up with Joe and Kat!

Hope y'all get moved into Ronald McDonald House. It looks like a beautiful place. Hope Isaac likes it!!

Hope the 3 of you can have a nice dinner together this evening.
Love you,
MOM

Christy said...

Hey I like Joe doing the blog. I think that should be his new job. And I know that he really likes that mini van

Terri@SteelMagnolia said...

Let me know if ya'll ever decide to go public w/ this blog...
I'd love to do a prayer request on my blog and Matthew's blog for baby Isaac before his surgery...

I will still do a request but I'd like to post his blog, too ....

I can hook you up w/ some other great heart parents.

The Portas said...

I'm SO glad to hear Kathy is getting some good rest and I'm also glad to hear you have a room at the RMH. Yayyy!!!

I am PRAYING for a quick surgery so you guys can start to move on. This limbo stuff is hard on us parents.

I liked your post, Joe! Take good care of your wife and yourself.

T n T - K n K said...

Hi Joe...Hi Family & Friends

Ok, Kathy has got a job cut out for her now..Joe---this was phenominal! I laughed I cried I couldn't wait to read more. I don't know, you might have a new job or at least a new task for your days here after. I missed Kats mommy pictures..but still A+
Baby Isaac has to feel all this love around him from in the room and across the country.

Grandma Judy...yep it's me and we love Kat & Joe so much and miss them terribly, it's been a long few years for all and I'm thinking we are going to need to do some Holiday Gathering this year. Sending hugs to you!

Joe...Kisses to Kat...Kisses to Isaac...Kisses to the other two most amazing brothers Isaac has. And Big huggy (did I just say huggy?) for Daddy too! Although I know you both would never say or ask but ANYTHING we are possibly able to do for you all...we will!!!

Blessings
Sams Family

Terri@SteelMagnolia said...

I tried to go pay a visit to t&t (Sams family) on their blog...

but they're private..

Mandy said...

Joe, I'm not telling you good job. It's just not like me to tell you nice things. :) For someone that doesn't say much you sure do type alot. I'm glad to see Kathy put you to work. At least you are inside this time and not in the gargage. Take care of my sister and Isaac. I want everyone home in a few weeks so that we can come play. Text me if I need to go check on the house or get the mail. Yes, I offering my assistance again. Take care and I'll try not to text as much!! ;)
We all love you guys
Mandy and gang