We are just a family of five...three boys, a mom, a dad, a hamster, and dog. Welcome to our crazy world. Our adventures will make you laugh, cry, and pee in your pants...
RSS

Thursday, July 19, 2007

NOON UPDATE****We're staying in the hospital FOR SURE until he has his heart cath on Monday. He should recover by Tuesday...and they conference with Dr. Hanley on Wednesday..... But, that news is great! When they came in last night and were talking about discharge...I was a little on the angry side (just a little!). But, Isaac is now on 1.5 liters of oxygen and will still have "episodes" of desat spells. They did a chest xray this morning to check his lungs for fluid...They need to draw blood. I can't remember if I told you...but, they have tried drawing his blood 4 times already....he is a very hard stick, and they are sending in a really good team. They are actually getting blood to come out...but, it clots too fast and there's one panel that is showing low platelets. The cards said he may need a blood transfusion to help carry the oxygen around in his little body. So...this weekend...we're hanging out and just watching what he does! And that is FINE with me...although, I wish we were in a private room...but, they need those for the kiddos that are just out of surgery...so, I won't push my luck! I will update later tonight and add today's pics!

Read Comments
  • Digg
  • Del.icio.us
  • StumbleUpon
  • Reddit
  • RSS

3 comments:

Terri@SteelMagnolia said...

I actually felt safer in non private rooms .... isn't that weird!

He'll do so much better after a blood transfusion... well.. Matthew always did anyways....

Too bad they can't do a pic or a central line to draw blood...
dang! It's torture watching them be tortured!!!!!

Again.. so happy you're still there in hospital... let us know when you get a hotel room or in RMH!

Grandma Judy said...

Yeaaah,
Kathy and Isaac have a home for the weekend. All that stress for nothing. Oh well, I'm ready for round two.

Hang in there Kat. After all of this is over with, I'm sure it will be worth it.

We love you.
MOM

Mandy said...

Alright missy, just relax and have a quite, peaceful weekend. I will go get your Katie and take good care of her. Meghan will think she is back with Jack. (just so stinky papa.) Let me know if you want a visit next weekend. I have off and I can have Dan watch the kids. Or I could just bring Meghan out with me. Take care and I'll take care of both of your girls.