We are just a family of five...three boys, a mom, a dad, a hamster, and dog. Welcome to our crazy world. Our adventures will make you laugh, cry, and pee in your pants...
RSS

Wednesday, July 18, 2007

let's take this update from the top...they gave us a 3 hour warning call last night...We're headed to Stanford. joe brought the boys to kiss bye. We flew out at 8:15. Now...this plane was soooo tiny, only the pilot, 3nurses, myself, and isaac could fit. Everyone knows that i am afraid of heights and do not like confined spaces....well, here goes a 2 hour flight! But, I was going to be brave. I made it about half way before I started throwing up....and tha continued until we landed. Isaac was a champ. I was able to feed him early in the flight via the g-tube and he slept most of the way. Once we landed, we had a 20 minute ride in the ambulance to reach Stanford.....I could see the light!!! Until the ambulance stopped the hospital...they took isaac up while I continued to throw up on the lovely lawn...with the help of my flight nurse, that only lasted another 15 minutes, and we were able to find isaac. Wha a world of difference in the care....and we're only on a peds floor! They got isaac all situated, I met the docs attending, and I spent another 15 minutes in the bathroom throwing up. Thank goodness the nurse is awesome, she kept isaac's feeds coming before he screamed for them and I was able to sleep for a couple of hours. They had to draw blood from my angel...and it has been so hard for him and them...his little veins just collapse. The blood work just came back and his platelets were really low...and to make it sound crazier....his sats are 100...they took him off oxygen! Now...how in the world did he go from satting in the 50s over the weekend to now 100s....which he should not be at considering his heart condition....this could mean TROUBLE! Now...we are in a room with another family....divided only by a curtain....so, don't expect too many calls...i would hate for that family to have to spend their days listening to me blab!!! I will update throughout the day. oh...and they have a heart cath scheduled for this morning..so, he hasn't been able to eat since 2am...he's being such a good baby considering.

Read Comments
  • Digg
  • Del.icio.us
  • StumbleUpon
  • Reddit
  • RSS

7 comments:

Grandma Nelson said...

Kathy,
Glad to know you've arrived safely at Stanford! We'll be anxiously reading your blog. You're amazing! The LV temple is closed, but my sister put your entire family on the SLC temple's prayer roll. Please make sure Sue has our number. Scott would love an excuse to play video games and hang out.
We love you guys,
Gail & family

Grandma Judy said...

Poor Little Kat,
Anyone knows that when Kat is sick...she is REALLY SICK. I wonder if the nurses charge more for taking care of 2 patients rather than just one?

I'm so glad you are there and settled in. Take good care of MY little one. If you need me, I'll be right there.
MOM

Terri@SteelMagnolia said...

OMG you poor thing...
what a miserable thing for you to have to go thru...
and during such a stressful time!

I was in shock that you left for Stanford..
the last I heard...
the beds were full up there...
so...
anyway...

I'm happy you're up there...

I don't know if I know any of the PICU nurses up there..
I know a lot of the CVICU nurses....
but I'll write Barbara... she's a little short lady that works at the PICU desk.. we love her dearly..

Okay..
please let us know if/when you get into RMH!!!
Where are you staying?? Joe??

I know you're boys are w/ family at your home...

hugs to you girl...

We think of you all day and I'm praying for you!

The Portas said...

I'm so glad to hear you're in better hands there at Stanford. That makes a world of difference in how everything goes.

I'm very sorry that you've had such an emotional past day or so. Hang in there. We will be praying for you all. Everything will be just fine.

I hope your tummy is feeling better.

Mandy said...

Sorry to hear about your sickness. You forgot to tell me that part this morning. Take care of Isaac and we will have Joe take care of you. I'll keep tabs on Chris and Eli. Chris is already planing our trip to see Transformers. I will make sure I take Eli somewhere fun also.

Love ya

The Portas said...

I've been thinking about you guys a lot today. Please let us know how you're doing when you get a chance.

I'm so excited to hear that everything is great and that you're little man is all fixed!

brookebunker said...

We are praying and thinking about you. I'm glad you are there and settled. Love, The Bunkers