We are just a family of five...three boys, a mom, a dad, a hamster, and dog. Welcome to our crazy world. Our adventures will make you laugh, cry, and pee in your pants...
RSS

Saturday, July 21, 2007




It's Saturday....and so LONELY! At least I have Isaac to keep me company!!! I've been keeping notes each day so that I don't leave out anything that happened each day! Isaac weighed in this morning at...11lbs 9ozs. They did a chest x ray this morning...I am assuming that it was clear because I haven't heard otherwise. They had to draw labs again this morning...but, I found the secret weapon---there's a cream that they can put on the babies that numbs the skin...but, it has to be done 30 minutes prior to the blood draw. I asked for the cream..they were sweet and put it on Isaac...and he screamed with the stick, but while they were fishing for the vein, he just laid there....so, maybe it works a little! He started wretching last night and today, so I lowered his feeds from 90cc's every 2 hours to 80cc's every 2 hours--that may not seem like a lot...but, like any baby, if they take one extra sip and need to spit up...they will, and because of Isaac's stomach wrap, he can't spit up and does the wretch. (is everyone clear on that??....ok...moving on). His oxygen has been on 1.5 liters all day...and he's had a de-sat spell about every 2 hours...this last one lasted for about an hour....it's soooo sad...his little heart races, his sats get low, and then he can't take it anymore and just passes out (goes to sleep....but, it looks like he passes out). (I know...you don't need me to add any more drama to this already dramatic situation!). He did have a spell this morning where he went into the 40's...I'm so glad that the nurse was here to see it...I don't think they would have believed me! Thanks Mandy for taking Katie back to AZ with you...don't let her kiss Magpie in the face! Thanks Sue for watching the boys and taking them back with you. Thanks Christy for watching the boys all week. Thanks Mom for getting the tickets to bring the boys back....and Thanks Joe...for giving me the three best boys a mom could ask for!!!

Read Comments
  • Digg
  • Del.icio.us
  • StumbleUpon
  • Reddit
  • RSS

6 comments:

Terri@SteelMagnolia said...

What a sweet sweet post....


Hey..
all I can think is THANK GOD YOU DIDN'T GET KICKED OUT OF STANFORD!

Dang girl.. I'm still so irritated...

Did Mayman speak w/ Hanley???

You must be speaking of Lidocaid cream.... they used to use on Magoo, too...

also..
even if the nurse missed the desat...
I think the monitor keeps record....

I personally think that young fella needs that surgery!

The Portas said...

Can't wait for that boy to have his surgery that he needs so badly. You are doing a GREAT job...hang in there. I'm so glad you were able to stay there for the weekend.

Thanks for all the pics..what a sweet little man you have!

Grandma Judy said...

Well now, Let's talk about Isaac's hair. No, we can't cut it. I know Joe would be opposed to bows, but don't we have ANY options? He is beginning to look like quite the wild man. Take his hair and do the famous comb over. Comb it over to one side one day, and another side the next. You could perhaps even try a rubber band. The next time you wash it, slick it back like Elvis. You might as well play "dress up" while you're there.

I know that you have a million more things to worry about than
his hair. I just thought you might need a little distraction from all
the stresses there.

Eli is real excited that he's going on another vacation. He just can't stop talking.

I'm off to church. Hope you have a good day. Our thoughts and prayers are with you, Isaac, the boys, and of course Joe.
Love you all,
MOM

T n T - K n K said...

Hello my little inspirations! All of you are precious Angels. Eli & Chris must be missing you guys like crazy! But it sounds like the family is giving them much love & entertainment...what a blessing!
I'm such a little cry baby I put that cream on the kids when they go get there shots(I can't stand the to hear them cry) it works phenomenally!
Miss you guys, your doing such a great job loving & taking care of each other....

Oh yeah and by the way...Tim was outside yesterday & thinking of Joe as he was sweating in the 110 degree temp while doing the speakers...JOE...HELP!!!!(Have a safe ride back)

xxooxx to Isaac, You (Kat) Joe, Christopher & Eli
You are all in our prayers
Sams Family

Terri@SteelMagnolia said...

Just coming back to see if there were any updates!

Big heart (((hugs)))

Me

Mandy said...

Meghan is going to turn into a dog. You have to keep her from kissing Katie and she keeps crawling to Katies' food bowl. I bet that in the next few weeks she will have ate dog food a few times or so. We took Katie out today while we wased my car. It was fun. Don't worry about her, she is fine. I sent mom a link to the boys school so that she can make sure they are back in time to meet the teachers and there is even a list of school supplies that Chris needs on it. We want to go to Las Vegas September 8th so that is when we may return Katie. Take care and I'll send you a video of your two girls kissing and playing together.

Mandy