We are just a family of five...three boys, a mom, a dad, a hamster, and dog. Welcome to our crazy world. Our adventures will make you laugh, cry, and pee in your pants...
RSS

Friday, July 13, 2007






Sorry about not posting yesterday...I know many of you don't know that I have 3 boys, and one of them is sick, cries all day, eats every two hours, slimes me with his g-tube, and likes to be held 20 hours a day...It's just been an EXHAUSTING couple of days!!
Dr. Mayman called this morning after talking with Dr. Hanley (in Stanford) and the surgery date is still the same...but, he said if Isaac has any more bad blue spells, he will definately work him in his schedule. Mark, our speech therapist, came this morning and Isaac drank 15cc's from his bottle (half an ounce)...and he did that without choking! We did have to put him on oxygen though..but, it was great! He actually took a really long nap today...but, when he woke up...I checked his sats..and they were in the 60s again (i knew it was too good to be true!)...so, back on the oxygen until Joe came home from work...he then miraculously recovered and jumped into the 80s at some points!(This little guy just likes to keep me jumping!) Chris and Eli do their same old swim, tv, video game schedule...until I can catch them and get some sort of school work out of them (today was one of those days where I just let them run past me...I didn't have the energy to chase them with my workbook!) We're all looking forward to public schools this year...even if they are Las Vegas public schools!

Read Comments
  • Digg
  • Del.icio.us
  • StumbleUpon
  • Reddit
  • RSS

3 comments:

Mandy said...

Go ahead and start making your calendar and let me know when you want me to come hang out in Vegas. I can have Dan control the kids here and I can spend a week with you. Just let me know.

Mando

Grandma Judy said...

A Las Vegas education is bound to be better than no education at all.
Sto is old enough now to hang out with the BIG boys. Yes, he will learn some things that he probably shouldn't, but didn't we all??
With everything else going on in your household, home schooling is way down on the totem pole. Put those boys in school. Let them see what the real world is like.
If it gets too bad, you can always pull them out. I can just see Sto coming home with a girlfriend!!!

I see Isaac is developing that little double chin. Very Cute!!
MOM

The Portas said...

Keep up the great work! I know this time is totally draining, but things will get better. It sounds like you are doing a wonderful job.

Isn't it funny how any little amount of progress gives us such a great rewarding feeling? :)