We are just a family of five...three boys, a mom, a dad, a hamster, and dog. Welcome to our crazy world. Our adventures will make you laugh, cry, and pee in your pants...
RSS

Tuesday, July 31, 2007

Today was Isaac's pre-op day. There were no surprises. They had to draw blood...which, getting blood from Isaac is a miracle in itself)...and after 2 tries and 2 heel pricks later...they were successful! He weighed in at a whopping 12lbs 9 ozs. I talked again with Dr. Hanley's PA and got a few more questions answered. She said that Isaac shouldn't need his next repair for 6 months (even though the window is 3-6 months). That would be a nice break! I didn't get to snap any pictures today because when we got back....we both took a nap and then Joe flew in this evening. Tomorrow our day will go as follows:
**No formula added to breast milk after 7:00am
**No breast milk after 9:00am
**No clear liquids (pedialite) after 11:00am.
**Meet at the hospital at 1:00pm
**Tenative surgery scheduled for 3:00pm (we are his second case...so, it could be a little sooner, a little later...and if his first case goes too long...we could get bumped all together)
We have plans to snuggle all morning...to give him a good scrub down (even behind those tiny little ears...and to take loads of pictures!)

Now...because I didn't have any pics of Isaac to share...I thought I'd share a funny story with you. (Joe will kill me..but, he doesn't read the blog everyday..so, it'll be too late!). Joe was packing a few things this morning to bring back for us. Like Isaac's feeding pump, a few more outfits, the mail, etc. Now, Isaac is getting a little diaper rash on his bum, and what works great for him is this stuff called "butt paste". So, being the sweet dad that Joe is...he asked if I wanted him to bring it...and I said YES...Thanks! Well, Joe is FLYING back to us today...and he is not checking a bag. So, he goes through security, and they search his bags...and hold up the BUTT PASTE and start waving it around and yelling to each other, "What is this Butt Paste??" Now...Joe is totally red I'm sure...and the airport is packed....and they are already looking at Joe because they are searching him and his bag and now he has to explain to everyone what butt paste is and why he is trying to carry it on! (I'm laughing so hard right now...I wish I could have been there!) So...your picture for today..is butt paste! (Don't try to fly with it..it's not allowed!)



I will carry my laptop and camera to the hospital tomorrow and post often...there's wireless...and I promise to keep you all updated!
Thanks for all the love and prayers you've sent our way! I can feel your hugs from here!

Read Comments
  • Digg
  • Del.icio.us
  • StumbleUpon
  • Reddit
  • RSS

8 comments:

Terri@SteelMagnolia said...

Ahhh haaaahaaaa...
that is hysterical....

I take it they took Joe's "Butt Paste" away???

Thinking of you all!

Big Heart (((HUGS)))

The Portas said...

Butt paste story is hilarious!!! :) hee heeee

I'll be thinking of you all day! Prayers going your way and lots and lots of hugs.

SwampMom said...

Oh my gosh. Guess everybody knows what Joe's getting for Christmas this year! That is just toooo funny. Glad to see our airport screeners are taking their jobs seriously.

Our prayers will be with you all today. Take care and keep us posted.

Love you all.
Aunt Debbie

Grandma Judy said...

My sister's right. Joe is a difficult person to but presents for. Perhaps we should ALL buy him Butt Paste. Then on those weeks he's flying to Reno, we can get Sto to pack it in his carryon. Sto loves to get back at his dad!

OK Kat, I will be expecting to hear from you. Take good care of Little Isaac, and do whatever it takes to make the little fella happy.

I think it was on one of Callies early posts that she gets excited when she would see of hear her mom, so they would have to step back so she couldn't see them. After surgery if he starts getting too excited, step back where he can not see or hear you and see how he responds.

I know, you ARE the mom, I can just see Isaac trying to get to you. I know how much he hates a crib. No more Bumbo chair for awhile!

We will be saying our prayers all day. We love you.
MOM

Southern (in)Sanity said...

I heard about Isaac over at Terri's blog, "Steel Magnolia."

My thoughts and prayers are with you all.

T n T - K n K said...

Is it possible to cry & laugh at the same time ???? I think the Butt Paste had me laughing so hard I did indeed do both..my kids are looking at me like "what's wrong mommy".

It's after 7am and I'm thinking of Isaac without his thickened cool morning drink. Our thoughts will be with you ALL day and we will be sending you....peaceful thoughts, warm hugs & a cyber tickles to get Isaac to make you guys laugh all morning!
xxoo
Sams Family

Mandy B said...

Kat,
It has been a while since we talked but I have been keeping up through mom. Just wanted you guys to know that I was thinking about you and praying for you.
Miss ya, MBH

Paul Champagne said...

Our prayers are with your family

Lots of Love and Luck to you all.