We are just a family of five...three boys, a mom, a dad, a hamster, and dog. Welcome to our crazy world. Our adventures will make you laugh, cry, and pee in your pants...
RSS

Thursday, January 31, 2008

We had NO appointments today!!!

Yeah!!

So...we didn't do anything.  Just ate...and ate...and watched tv while we ate some more!

Isaac is doing great.  He goes in tomorrow for an ultrasound of his kidneys.  He had fluid around them when he was born, so this is just an annual follow up...so, it should be fine.  The CNN show, "Broken Government" was on tonight.  But, we got an email last night...and we were one of a few families whose interview got cut.  Oh, well...but, Terri (Matthew's mom) looked beautiful!!!  Great job Terri!!!  Click here to go to CNN's page.  It was a great show...one I hope that you all get to see.  One that I hope all politicians get a chance to see.  

I am glad to bore you with our mundane Thursday...I hope to bore you again tomorrow.

Read Comments
  • Digg
  • Del.icio.us
  • StumbleUpon
  • Reddit
  • RSS

5 comments:

Terri@SteelMagnolia said...

Oh Kathy..
I was incredibly bummed when I heard they didn't have time for your piece ... I felt/feel awful...

I think you're story would have been more important that those rappers with all that bling bling on their wrists saying that they couldn't afford insurance. Geez...

The show will be on again this Saturday and Sunday.. 8pm Pacific.

I think every single politician should sit their butts down and watch this program. It's very scary.

Look what is happening to people in this rich country.
Makes me ill.

The Portas said...

You are never boring! But I am glad for your boring day.

I didn't get a chance to see the show, but will check it out online sometime.

Good luck with the kidney u/s today!

Samantha said...

I set the DVR for the program...woke up at 10:30 and saw a tidbit and fell right back to sleep...I will be watching it sometime this weekend. I am totally bummed that you did not make it into the clip...that was the only thing I was really hoping to see...oh well...I bet you looked terrific for the piece and had lots of really important, meaningful things to say about how our current medical system stinks!

I am glad you had a stress free day...there is no such thing as a boring day, just days that we get to sit and enjoy the ones in our lives without all the nonsense that drives us crazy daily :) And, like Megan said, you are anything but BORING!

Good luck with the sono today...I guess we are praying for fluid free kidneys?

Love,
Samantha

jencooper said...

Hi Kathy!

I got to your site through Samantha and Megan. I have a heart baby, Grace, and a 3 year old, Bennett. I have read your blog from start to finish and have added Isaac to my list of heart kids to follow! I will be praying for him!

Our blog is www.caringbridge.org/visit/gracecooper

I can't wait to get sucked into another heart baby's life!!

Love,
Jennifer

Mandy said...

Kat,

Poor Kat, at home and nothing to do.... :( You should have played dress up with Isaac. I'm sure that would have been fun. Just tell Joe to take some time out from playing with the jeep and find something to do with you.

Hey, you could always make us our clay people. Remeber, the things we were suppose to get from you 2 years ago for Christmas. :)

Love ya and we'll come see you soon.