We are just a family of five...three boys, a mom, a dad, a hamster, and dog. Welcome to our crazy world. Our adventures will make you laugh, cry, and pee in your pants...
RSS

Saturday, January 19, 2008

As excited as I am to be going home...It's 8am and he's already thrown up 4 times (nothing but the mucus).  


They gave me a copy of all of his records--everything that we've done this week.  And, I just had a chance to glance through them.  But, even the cat scan report spells out things that they did indeed see in Vegas.  So...I'm not totally convinced that this pressure isn't the cause of his retching.  I do know that it is a BIG risk to operate on him right now...and they could have just told me that they would rather us deal with the throwing up and find other ways to get him to gain weight...but, they couldn't conclusively rule the heart/esophagus pressure out as the culprit of the retching.  

I'm going to get home...and pull out the records and read through them in their entirety....then, try to get in to see Dr. Mayman next week and get his take on all of this.  (Because he was sure that we needed surgery).

So....we're headed home....throwing up baby in tow....nothing yet solved, but a little relief that it isn't so emergent that he needs surgery right away!

Read Comments
  • Digg
  • Del.icio.us
  • StumbleUpon
  • Reddit
  • RSS

10 comments:

crabby old man said...

I know it must be a awful feeling not knowing what do do, My heart goes out to Isaac & Your family.
God Bless You & Yours

The Portas said...

WOW, what a rollercoaster ride you have been on. I can't believe it! Hopefully you can get things figured out with Dr. Mayman on Monday. In the meantime, Isaac, no more throwing up, big boy. Don't be scaring your mama.

Crazy how everything is working out. I cannot imagine the ups and downs of emotions you have experienced in just a few short days.

Kiss on that sweet little baby for me!

crabby old man said...

Hello Dear Friends. I am the Crabby Man's best half. I want you to know that our prayers are with you, and we feel so bad that the baby is having such problems and you. Just want to give you my favorite scripture. Prov 3: 5 & 6,"Trust in the Lord with all thine heart; and lean not unto thine own understanding. In all thy ways, acknowledge him, and HE SHALL DIRECT THY PATHS. Mrs Crabby

Andrea said...

Wow! I am glad Isaac doesn't need surgery right away. My heart goes out to you though, I know how hard it can be to get prepared for something, only to have it cancelled. I hope the doctors can figure out the cause of his retching soon, that can be very frustrating for a mommy! Hang in there!
P.S. I'd like to add Isaac's blog to our list of heart friends if that's ok with you.

Grandma Judy said...

Surgery, no surgery. Surgery, no surgery. What's a kid to do? I guess Isaac thought he just went on vacation again. But I'm sure he did NOT like the test they did.

Maybe he just wanted to get away from Eli's strep throat. You can't blame him there.

Kat, I don't know what to tell you.
Isaac does present a few unusual problems.

I guess that's what makes him special!!!!!

Unknown said...

Kathy,

You have been through so much yet you stay so positive. I really hope between you and Dr. Mayman you can figure this out. I would be really curious to read through all the reports and scans. God has a plan and that is what we have to remember. Isaac is always in my prayers and I hope you get some answers soon.

Take Care!

Wanna_B_slimmer said...

Hello..I came over from Elijahs blog... Just to say I am thinking of you and hope that things settle down real soon... Take care...

Mandy said...

Alright Kat...... you are suppose to call your cab driver and let her know that you got to Las Vegas okay. It was fun seeing you again, even if you forgot to tell me there was a Olive Garden close by!!!!

Take care and let me know when you want Seth and Meghan in February.

Grandma Nelson said...

Good news!!!

Little Baby Manning said...

so this is great - isaac's little heart gets some more healing time.. what a relief. i was so worried about them having to go through that fresh scar...
now at least we can get together for a play date this week! (in the midst of doctors appointments! let's talk