We are just a family of five...three boys, a mom, a dad, a hamster, and dog. Welcome to our crazy world. Our adventures will make you laugh, cry, and pee in your pants...
RSS

Monday, January 14, 2008



Happy Monday!!!

Ok...well, our Monday isn't starting off so happy...but, we'll see if we can work on that!  Our day started with Isaac retching non-stop for about an hour.  He first starts throwing up the mucus (looks like snot...clear at least)...then, it will turn into mucus and milk...still gross!  Finally, when he settled down, I was changing him out of his pj's....and guess what???  His g-tube site was leaking again...and NOT MILK...it had the SNOT all around it!  Gross again!  (That's why his nickname is Icky!)  Now...this is the second time that the mucus has come out from his belly site (I'll be sure to tell the GI doc on Wednesday when we go for an appointment).  

Now that we have Isaac settled down and sleeping (and in clean, mucus free clothes)...let's move on to Chris.  He was up all night coughing...complaining of a sore throat this morning.  (In the back of my head...I'm thinking...don't be strep, don't be strep)...so, we call the pediatrician's office and they were able to see Chris this morning.  So, Joe took him at 8:00...and LUCKILY, it's just a sinus infection...he's got antibiotics...and we'll just put him to bed today and let him rest (far away from Isaac)...hopefully, he'll start feeling better tomorrow!

And finally, we have my little Eli...the ONLY one cooperating and adhering to the "one child sick at a time" rule!  Thank you ELI!  He's doing great, went off to school like a champ...I think I'll buy him a new book today...YEAH ELI!

The only appointment we have today is with Social Security.  It's part of the process, but we have to see if Isaac qualifies...so, I'll go to the interview this afternoon and Joe will watch the boys.  Dr. Hanley should receive Isaac's cat scan films today...so, we're all hoping to hear from him today.  To see what he thinks looking at the films and his whole file at one time.  

I still haven't taken the tree down.  Still haven't unpacked the suitcases.  So, I've come to the conclusion that we'll leave the tree up all year long.  We'll decorate it for Valentine's day with hearts, we'll put kites on it, eggs on it, sun shines on it, halloween decorations on it, turkeys...and then, we'll put the Christmas decorations on it when we get to December again!  And...as far as the suitcases...I'll just add a little to it...and we'll be ready for Stanford (no need to pull it all out...they should all be clean and fit..I hope!).  

I'll post again today if we hear from Dr. Mayman or Dr. Hanley!

Read Comments
  • Digg
  • Del.icio.us
  • StumbleUpon
  • Reddit
  • RSS

5 comments:

Grandma Judy said...

Kat, We have to figure exactly what that slime is. When he did it when I was there I had never seen anything like it. It is like clear mucous....but where does it come from? Is it in his esophagus?
I don't think it's coming from his lungs. And why is he always blowing bubbles??? Doesn't he ever swallow his salavia?
Little Icky is quite the challenge.
Be good to him. Smother him with kisses.

Samantha said...

You get the best pictures of that boy! Tell him to cut it out...he is already getting all the attention, he does not have to act up to get more. Hang in there and I love your ideas for the tree...what a festive house you will have this year.

Hugs,
Samantha

Unknown said...

Love the christmas tree idea. I think valentine hearts would be so cute. Maybe I'll go get my tree out..LOL! Please keep us informed if you hear anything. Praying for you all!

crabby old man said...

HOPE EVERYTHING WORKS OUT WITH THE SOCIAL SECURTY & CAT SCAN RESULTS.
HAVE A NICE DAY
CRABBY OLD MAN

The Portas said...

Hee hee, I love the tree idea. I think I need to fly out to Vegas and help out with trees and packing to take some weight off your shoulders! You have so much to handle right now.