We are just a family of five...three boys, a mom, a dad, a hamster, and dog. Welcome to our crazy world. Our adventures will make you laugh, cry, and pee in your pants...
RSS

Wednesday, January 16, 2008

Sorry about the late post...but, we made it safely to Palo Alto, CA!!!

It's warmer here than in Vegas...what a treat! You know that I keep telling you that things just keep happening...well, would you believe that one of my sisters just moved to CA, and she was able to pick us up from the airport and let us borrow a car so that we didn't have to rent one. THEN, we get into our room at RMH...and it's twice as big as it usually is. We're on the top floor, vaulted ceiling, only 5 other rooms on this floor...it's AWESOME! We were able to take Mandy (that sister who's here) and her kids (which includes her husband) to Mexican food for dinner!!! MY FAVORITE! Then, we sent them back home with hugs and made a quick Target run for the supplies that we need. I've given Mr. Sunshine his bath and he's snoozing while he eats.

I was wondering if we really needed to be here so soon...but, Isaac spent yet another day losing more food then he kept in...so, I suppose we're where we should be. We'll all be sleeping soon for a PACKED day tomorrow. We have to report at 7:30am...with pre op stuff to do, people to talk to, an echo to have done, (I might suggest a chest xray...he's been choking alot and sounds junky), we report to pre-surgery area at 2:30 in preparation for our CAT scan....and we don't know if we'll have to spend the night at the hospital tomorrow or not...depending on how he does while he's sedated. WHOO....at least we're familiar with everything here...where to go, where to park, where to eat....and we've already seen familiar faces.

We should talk to Dr. Hanley's PA tomorrow and she should have an idea of what their plan is for surgery tomorrow....I'll take my laptop to the hospital and post while he's in his CAT scan!

Thanks for all your prayers...and for sending your love to Miss Kate and her family.

Read Comments
  • Digg
  • Del.icio.us
  • StumbleUpon
  • Reddit
  • RSS

9 comments:

Little Baby Manning said...

i'm going to be waiting anxiously to hear what the PA has to say..glad to hear you're there and have family around - how nice!

i already can't help but think... i can't wait till you're home! tell the nurses we said hello :) if we all just keep rotating through there, we'll be able to pull all kind of strings ;)

love lisa

Anonymous said...

Isaac will be in our prayers.

my younger daughter had 3 open heart surgeries between the age of 2 weeks and seven months (the second one being only 10 days after the first one).

Isaac has proven many times that he is a fighter and the Standford team is among the best in the country so we look forward to some positive news on Friday.

Try to get as much sleep as you can. Sleep deprivation and intense stress is not a good combination.

Courage!

Unknown said...

So glad to hear you have made it there safely. That is awesome you have such a nice room and with vaulted ceiling...SPOILED!!

That is just great that your sister picked you all up and is letting you borrow her car. What a great sister you have. I am praying hard for lil Isaac. He is a fighter and will get through tomorrow with flying colors. I will be looking for your updates through out the day.

Sending prayers your way!

crabby old man said...

May GOD bless You & Yours

Samantha said...

I am so glad you are there safe and sound! Glad you got to have some yummy Mexican food...that always makes the world a better place.

I will be praying for an "easy" day today. I will check back often to check on our sweet little boy...and his mommy too!

Hugs,
Samantha

The Portas said...

Mexican food is my favorite, too! Yummmmm....my tummy just growled.

Glad to hear you guys made it safely. I'll be thinking about you all day today and checking in on the butterball Isaac.

I'll be saying prayers for ALL of you. I have a very positive, peaceful feeling about how everything will go. Take care of each other!

Anonymous said...

I am praying for Isaac, your family and the Isaac's doctors in Southern Arizona.
Trudy

Grandma Judy said...

Kat,
How cruel can you be. A breastfeeding mom should NEVER eat Mexican food. Poor Isaac will get the worse end of it!!! I sure hope you DUMP that milk and wait and give him some good stuff.

I'm just picking on you. Isaac has to be use to that Mexican food my now.

Keep on top of EVERYTHING at the hospital. Have your notebook ready!

I hope Isaac gets all the good nurses that you like.

Be patient and staay calm. Isaac knows when you are stressed.
We love you all. If there is anything we can do, just call.

Anonymous said...

Mexican! Was it Chevy's? Oh how I miss that yummy food at Chevy's.

Sounds like you are settled in at RMH. The huge room sure beats the closet room. =)

Good luck with all the pre-op junk today. You're in good hands!