We are just a family of five...three boys, a mom, a dad, a hamster, and dog. Welcome to our crazy world. Our adventures will make you laugh, cry, and pee in your pants...
RSS

Sunday, January 20, 2008

This was his bath at RMH (we thought it would be his

last bath for a while)...he was NOT happy with me!
Why are you taking pictures...I'm in distress!!
My cute little DiGeorge ears...they'll drive the girls crazy!


We're having a GREAT Sunday!
First of all...it was SO nice to sleep in our own bed!  Although, I did wake up to Isaac playing with his mobile (I know...he shouldn't be able to reach it)...and I thought...SO, cute waking me up playing instead of screaming at me.  So, I reach down to pick him up and I FED THE BED again.  I can't figure it out.  His g-tube site wasn't wet, the feeding pump tube was still connected to his connector...GO FIGURE????  But, he was soaked and so was everything in the crib!  Poor thing...I don't know how long he just laid in milk! (The same milk that he NEEDS to be taking in).  

We make it downstairs and change clothes and wash up.  Joe had to take Sue to the airport to fly home this morning. Thanks Grandma Sue for watching my angels!  
I have been increasing Isaac's feeds by 5cc's every feed (he's now at 5 1/2 ounces every four hours)....i have to fatten him up!  He's also getting 2 teaspoons of cornstarch with each feed (which...helps keep his blood sugar levels low) and 2 cc's of MCT oil (that's just fattening oil).  He hasn't thrown up once today...he's been so happy and playful!!!
He's currently sitting in his bouncy seat, with his feet propped up, watching the game.

Read Comments
  • Digg
  • Del.icio.us
  • StumbleUpon
  • Reddit
  • RSS

8 comments:

Grandma Judy said...

Cutie Pie Isaac. I'm sure he's thinking, "That's a pretty big tub for a little fella". I'm sure he missed his little tub.

I'm glad all of you had a good day. Be sure to tell Eli to keep his germs away from Isaac.

Tell Chris I checked out his grades and the lowest was a B. I sure hope mid-terms don't cause his grades to drop! He's doing GREAT!!

Rest up good....tomorrow starts a new week!

We love you!
And oh yes, a special, special thanks to Grandma Sue. I'm glad she was on the west coast when all of this happened!

The Portas said...

Sorry Isaac, I don't mean to mock your tears, but your crying bath pics are SO CUTE! You are such a sweet man. I'm so glad you can put off that icky surgery for a while. Keep fattening up and eating well for your mama. Don't let her worry too much about you! Take care...we'll keep checking in on your cuteness.

Megan, Dan & Eli

Anonymous said...

Home sweet home! Thank goodness!

Very cute photos, even if he was mad. He is one handsome little man. I'll be watching for him to fatten up those little cheeks.

Samantha said...

I LOVE the sad picture...it was soooo cute! Welcome home...I am so happy that you have a break before any more surgery. Isaac, you and Micah both HAVE to start to eat and gain weight!

Hugs,
Samantha

T n T - K n K said...

So happy you all had a day to enjoy together and at home where you want to be! Thank you lord for making this trip one with ease for the Roller family. Bless this family in the days ahead for plenty of more laughter and smiles!
Hugs & Kisses
Sams Family

crabby old man said...

Such sweet pictures

Grandma Nelson said...

Welcome home! You really are surrounded by cuties!

Unknown said...

I can't believe I missed this post and these adorable pictures! I love bath pictures they are too cute!

Oh and I think his ears are adorable. Never had anyone comment on Arianna's ears being a feature of DiGeorge. What are the typical features? The only facial features the docs have mentioned are the wide bridge nose, shallow orbits, and low muscle tone. I remember when she was born I thought she didn't look like either of us. Then 5 weeks later we got the diagnoses and I found out why. I still think its cute that our all 22q kids have some kind of similarity...almost like brothers and sisters!