We are just a family of five...three boys, a mom, a dad, a hamster, and dog. Welcome to our crazy world. Our adventures will make you laugh, cry, and pee in your pants...
RSS

Thursday, January 17, 2008

We came back to RMH for a few hours.  They are a little swamped here!!!

So far...we've had his echo and ekg and chest xray.  The cat scan is scheduled for 4:00.  After reading those results...they may decide to do a heart cath TONIGHT!

Now...until they see the cat scan results...they won't know exactly what they're dealing with.  But, with our results from last week...there are 2 possibilities.

1.  He has an aneurysm.  (that's a little scary...he's not an old man!)  The surgery to repair it won't be too bad...but, getting through his scar tissue without causing it to rupture would be.

2.  That the pulmonary arteries that they graphed cadaver skin to in hope of enlarging them have started to narrow.  This would mean a repeat of the unifocalization surgery (the one that took 14+ hours 2 months ago).  

Either way...tomorrow could be a very long day.  And you know Stanford (and Isaac for that matter).........he could require more tests and the surgery get postponed until next week.

I personally don't like possibility 1 or 2....I'm hoping it's gas or allergies to my Mexican food.

I'll keep you updated.

Read Comments
  • Digg
  • Del.icio.us
  • StumbleUpon
  • Reddit
  • RSS

8 comments:

Grandma Judy said...

Oh Isaac, Isaac. What are we going to do with you????

I had better start trying to find some blood pressure medicine. This is too much stress for this Grandma.

I sure hope the people doing the testing are the best at what they do. Kat has convinced me that Dr Hanley is THE BEST.

Hang in there Rollers! We will think back on all of this when Isaac plays his first T-ball game.

Samantha said...

Hey Kathy...is there some Xanax they can offer you???? I am also hoping for some gas. Hang in there my friend...tell that adorable boy to stop freaking you out!

Love,
Samantha

Anonymous said...

That little man.... he'd better shape up. Stanford is no place to spend that much time. I'm hoping for the best for you Kathy. Good luck waiting for results.

Terri and Fam said...

Praying hard for it to be gas :)

Praying that you get through this day and the next and that it is a far easier fix than all imagined possible.

The Grabb Family

Anonymous said...

Sophia developed a pseudo-aneurysm after her right ventricle to pulmonary artery conduit was placed. It was repaired during a third surgery. I am sure I posted plenty about on the blog (i think it was around September of 2006) but I am not sure I wrote anything that would help. We'll cross our fingers and hope for gas.

Anonymous said...

I just read your blog for the first time. I followed the link from Kate Layman's blog. My son Jack (ToF, PA, MAPCA's)had a pseudo-aneurysm after his RV-PA conduit was placed as well. The aneurysm was repaired during a second surgery. I will be checking in and saying some prayers tonight and tomrrow for Isaac. I hope everything goes smoothly tomorrow and he is quickly on the road to recovery.
Kelly Curtis

Anonymous said...

Do not fear, for I am with you; do not be dismayed, for I am your God. Isaiah 41:10

The Portas said...

Oh Kathy, I'm so sorry you guys are having to deal with all of this right now. Your little Isaac has been through enough! I do know that everything will be ok. He is a strong strong little man, and he will come through all these tests and his surgery like a champ. Have faith. God will get you through this, just trust in Him...

We are praying specifically for peace for you tonight (and safety and comfort for Isaac, of course).

The Lord is my light and my salvation; whom shall I fear. The Lord is the defense of my life; whom shall I dread.
Psalms 27:1

Do not fear, for I am with you. Do not anxiously look about you, for I am your God. I will strengthen you, surely I will help you, surely I will uphold you will my righteous right hand.
Isaiah 41;10