We are just a family of five...three boys, a mom, a dad, a hamster, and dog. Welcome to our crazy world. Our adventures will make you laugh, cry, and pee in your pants...
RSS

Tuesday, January 08, 2008

















Well....we started our day off with Chris complaining that he was sick.  (so, he stayed home from school).  Then, we had to get Eli ready for school and Isaac ready for Dr. Mayman.  I had to leave the house at 8:30 to drop off Eli and get to the docs by 9:00....and Isaac decided that he'd retch and throw up twice before we left!!!  So...I make it to Eli's school...ON TIME...and we make it to Dr. Mayman's office on time!  Well...Isaac's heart checks out ok, but there is a small leak in the valve that we're just watching, but there's also something a little bigger than normal (above the conduit...where the pa's meet the space above the conduit).  I told Dr. Mayman about Isaac's increased retching episodes and the fact that he's throwing up with every feed (oh...he's lost a little weight.  He only weighs 14.5 pounds and is 27 ins tall...at 9 months old!).  So, Dr. Mayman said that it's rare, but his heart could be pressing against his esophagus and causing the retching.  Now...two upper gi's ago, they said that they also saw something pressing against his esophagus.  So, just to rule out any heart related issues...we're going in for a MRI...TOMORROW!!!  (boy...does Dr. Mayman have pull around here!)  I asked if we could get a look at his brain all the way to his bum (if they don't mind!).  WHEW....so, then....I stop by our ped (the one that's scared of us) and pick up some paperwork and head home.  Just in time to feed Mr. Isaac and myself and Eli...to then run to the GI doc.  We went in for just a weight check...and their scales also show about a 5 ounce weight loss this month.  urrghhh!!  We have an appointment with the GI doc next week.  Now...I have to get home in the crazy traffic of Las Vegas in the afternoon with CES in town (Consumer Electronic Show!)....it took forever!  But, I made it!!!  Isaac played with me all afternoon.  He only ate a little food tonight, he was too tired to really try.  He hasn't rolled on his own anymore.  It's really hard to give him tummy time when he's always throwing up.  Hopefully, we'll figure his little belly out soon!  
So...I guess I mentioned the MRI a little fast.  We go in at 11:00 for the procedure at 1:00.  He will be under general anesthesia only.  They don't like to keep little ones under general anesthesia too long, so they are only looking at his heart tomorrow.  We will go in for another MRI to look at his melon and spine at the end of the month.  Why...would I want them to look elsewhere??  Well...with DiGeorge, he could have brain "issues" and he has a sacral dimple at the bottom of his spine.  We had an ultrasound of it when he was born...but, a good look with the MRI will ensure that we will have no future problems there.  WHEW  AGAIN!  So, Mark was suppose to come see us tomorrow and I had to call and cancel.  OH...and there's always lovely insurance hoops we're jumping through...but, hopefully, we'll have a easy day tomorrow and Isaac will cooperate and we'll be OUTPATIENT ONLY!!!

Read Comments
  • Digg
  • Del.icio.us
  • StumbleUpon
  • Reddit
  • RSS

10 comments:

crabby old man said...

Pray that the test come back good& God bless this precious baby

Mandy said...

Hey, you just told me that you didn't know where the camera was!! Thanks for finding it. I still can't believe that you didn't record Eli fighting Darth Vader. I know what to tell Joe you want for mothers day!!

Cute pics!!

Krista said...

OMG Kathy..I'm always amazed at your posts...you are amazing momma!
I hope you get some answers tomorrow...so glad you got in so fast, as waiting for these tests is the hardest thing. I hope you'll figure out the retching and give the kid a break!

Praying for good good news...sending lots of love

Little Baby Manning said...

how do you have time to post with all the other crazy things going on!? I want to bring you lunch at the hospital so expect a call tomorrow!

lisa

Samantha said...

Hey there my friend...looks like our boys are somehow reading about each other and planning their weight loss together... 5ozs is what my little man lost over the last month too. UGH! I will be praying for a very quick, easy MRI for Isaac today...

I LOVE the pictures. I am happy that you guys were able to do a character dining...that is the best way to meet those silly characters...I hated the standing in line business to see them!

Lots of good thoughts heading your way and let's get our boys to make a pact to GAIN WEIGHT--no more losses!

Hugs,
Samantha

Grandma Nelson said...

Kathy,
You are AMAZING!!! Thanks for the wonderful posts and pictures. Disneyland sounds wonderfully fun.
Our prayers are with you all,
Gail

Grandma Judy said...

Disney looks fun, but Disney World has GOT to be better. Bring them on to the east coast for some REAL FUN!!

Looks like Isaac really likes Goofy.

Be sure to give me a call after the MRI is completed. Make sure they treat him good.

James said...

Cute pictures! What happened to Isaac and Mickey?
We hope all goes well with the MRI; you want them to find something to give a solution to a problem. Pray that all is well. Take care- read your email. Abby

The Portas said...

Praying that everything went well today!

The pics are so great....it looks like you guys had a great time!

Elijah has a sacral dimple, too, so I think he may have to get an MRI sometime soon as well. It will be good to get Isaac's MRI out of the way so you KNOW there is nothing to worry about in that area.

Thinking about you guys, as always.....

Kelly said...

Oh Kathy! I'm sorry you're still dealing with the retching. Hopefully you'll get answers soon and Isaac will gain some weight. I'll be hoping for good results on the MRI.

Disneyland looked like lots of fun! I'm glad Isaac was able to enjoy it. Love all the photos! I was just telling Andy today about the paci holder you make. Aubrey can't keep her paci in her mouth to save her life. I need another hand to just hold it in all day. =)

Take care!