We are just a family of five...three boys, a mom, a dad, a hamster, and dog. Welcome to our crazy world. Our adventures will make you laugh, cry, and pee in your pants...
RSS

Wednesday, January 23, 2008

The day got away from me...so, I'll post some cute pics tomorrow.  


Isaac played on his belly today for about FIVE whole minutes!!!  He's having a hard time holding up his little (I mean BIG) head.  His poor little neck muscles can't seem to catch up with the rate at which his head is growing.  We had another day without retching and throwing up...YEAH!!!  I really don't know what's gotten into our little man...it's almost like having a normal baby in the house!!! (freaky!)  Mark (speech) and Nicole (dev therapist) come over tomorrow and I can't wait for them to see how good Mr. Man is doing.  Maybe he'll eat for Mark!  We bought a scale today (finally...we should have bought it months ago).  But, on this scale, he weighed 15.1 pounds.  So, I'll start weighing every few days and see if he's moving up any.  He was suppose to have his RSV shot last week...but, we were at Stanford...so, he missed it.  They're going to call me tomorrow if their office gets some extra doses so that he can get one...and if we go in...I need them to TRY and draw blood from him because we're suppose to check his CD-8 levels this month and see if they are increasing or decreasing (those are cells that help fight infection).  Last time they had NO luck getting blood from Isaac...maybe this time will be better. 

Isaac watched American Idol again tonight...still cracks me up!  Last night, Eli was watching with us and someone horrible was singing...and he said, "They're burning my ear holes!" ....I wish we had our own reality show...because it's always a zoo here!  My Christopher (who's 13 going on 30) rode his bike with two other friends to a drug store that was going out of business.   They wanted to buy some water guns that were on clearance.  Well, an hour later I get a call from him on his cell phone...the store had already closed, so...they were sitting at Baskin Robbins eating ice cream!!  First of all...how DARE he eat ice cream with ME...and second...I know that he thought he was SO COOL hanging out at the ice cream store...I could just picture him and his little goofy friends!!!  They make me laugh SO HARD!!!

And JOE...he unpacked HIS clothes from the suitcases today.  And left everything else in it for me to unpack.  You know that he knows where my things go and Isaac's go...just when I think I have that man trained...
Other than the suitcases...he's been a very useful engine.  I LOVE having him home with me everyday.  (I didn't think that I would).  I wish we could just live off love and no one would have to find a job...oh poo...

I'm just waiting for Isaac's feed to finish so that I can go to sleep...talk to you tomorrow!

Read Comments
  • Digg
  • Del.icio.us
  • StumbleUpon
  • Reddit
  • RSS

5 comments:

The Portas said...

A "useful engine"...hee hee, that made me giggle. I'll have to say that to Dan: You need to be a more useful engine! :)

It sounds like things are "normal" for you right now. Normal boy stuff, normal baby stuff... That's great! I love what Eli said about burning his ear holes. What cute boys you have! I just want to smooch them all!

I'm hoping and praying for some more normal days and continued non-retching from Mr. Isaac. We are going out of town for a few days so I won't be able to check in on my peanut! Take care...

Grandma Judy said...

Before you try to get them to draw bood, check and see if they did the CD 8 test while he was at Stanford. They might have checked it then, just didn't mention it to you. His tests results might be in the packet of info they gave you before you left. It's so nice that they give you his medical records to keep. I wish every place did that.

Hope everyone has a good day today.

Be good Mr. Isaac. Everyone is watching you!

Grandma Judy said...

Just wait until Chris starts going to the Chinese restaurant there to eat .......after you have just cooked him a delicious meal at home.

Oh....and Pizza Hut is there too!That boy has discovered a gold mine!!

Grandma Susie said...

Thanks for the update Kathy. I miss you guys, but I'm glad to hear the good news on Isaac. Chris is growing up SO FAST and I agree; Eli is a happy, funny guy, - I think he gets it from you though!!! Your discriptions of "household happenings" are priceless. Give all my "useful little engines" kisses for me, including Joe. We love you ALL!

Anonymous said...

Livin' off love sounds good to me cuz then I wouldn't have to go back to work and I can stay home with my baby doll.

Yeah for no retching. He's getting it together for you. What a nice little man. Yeap, Aubrey's going to pass him up in a few months so he better pack it on. =)