We are just a family of five...three boys, a mom, a dad, a hamster, and dog. Welcome to our crazy world. Our adventures will make you laugh, cry, and pee in your pants...
RSS

Sunday, January 13, 2008

These were taken last month...but, they were cute...and
I know you needed a picture fix....so, enjoy my butterball!




Joe and I made it to church this morning. There were so many people that I wanted to talk to...but, we had to leave to get back to Mr. Isaac (Joe's parents watched the boys for us...Isaac couldn't go, Chris was still barking, and Eli was glued to the tv).

We had to go out this afternoon to get Isaac supplies and we got a TICKET! I got a bill in the mail while we were at Stanford for the car registration renewal. Well, I put it where I put everything else from that trip...in a big brown envelop that's still in the suitcase at the foot of my bed that STILL hasn't been unpacked yet! So, I suppose that tomorrow I'll unpack the suitcase, get my smog test, pay my registration, and turn in my ticket. ( and maybe I'll even get an oil change while I'm at it!)

My Isaac had three big retching episodes where he threw up. (now...this is gross...so, if you don't want to hear it...stop reading now)OK...he threw up just that mucusy (if that's a word) stuff....no milk. So, maybe they're theory of the pressure on his esophagus causing the retching is correct...because no milk came up today. It's quite gross...like clear snot...YUCK! Oh well...I have the best docs on the case...they'll figure it out. In the meantime, my little man is snoozing away while milk is being pumped into his tiny little belly. By the way...he only wears 6-9month clothes (he's almost 10 months old), he wears size 2 diapers (and they are almost too big), and the last weight check he weighed 14.5 pounds and was 27 inches long....of PURE CUTENESS!

On our venture out of the house tonight, we had to find him some MCT oil...that's the oil we give him with his feeds to add extra calories. Two pharmacies didn't know what it was or didn't have it...so, we went to Target. They didn't have it, but ordered it for me to get it tomorrow (thank goodness...I'll be out tonight!). Well, I got a 32 ounce bottle and it was $77!! YIKES....That's a lot to just put on some chub...I like my mom's idea of just adding Kayro syrup to his milk! I did try to feed him at lunch time today...but, he started retching...and honestly, now that I know the heart/esophagus issue...I should probably stop trying to feed him...I don't think it goes down easy. (that's a questions I'll have to ask them tomorrow).

That's all I've got for now....Joe finished working on his jeep (FINALLY), Chris is trying to fight off his cold (I'll drug him up before bed), and Eli...oh, Eli....he's addicted to his Lego Star Wars game...and can't function until he beats the next level! I'm coughing much less today, happy to be sitting on the love seat with my old man (even though we're both working on our own computers and oblivious of the other right now), and glad that we made it through another day with no REAL craziness! (relatively speaking...our definition of crazy has changed this year....). We have appointments this week that I will update you on as we have them and I'll be sure to confirm once I know that the Friday surgery date is set in STONE!

Read Comments
  • Digg
  • Del.icio.us
  • StumbleUpon
  • Reddit
  • RSS

5 comments:

The Portas said...

Great pics, as always. What a cutie pie. I'm hoping you guys can get some answers this week. I'll keep checking in! Take care, and stay healthy...all of you!

Grandma Nelson said...

It was GREAT to see both you and Joe at church today! You are amazing. I have to smog my car this week, too. Do you want me to do yours at the same time?
Just call,
Gail

Samantha said...

Okay...first of all...the pictures are TOO CUTE! I want to eat him up! I am totally going on a road trip to MN to see Elijah and then over to Vegas to see your Isaac...yes, Vegas, not CA, because I know he will be home fast enough...oh wait, I also have to get to Indy to see Miss Kate...maybe we can all pick a place in the middle and have a big playdate with HEALTHY boys and girl.

As for Sir Isaacs weight...I am with you. Please don't feel too bad...Micah is still wearing 6-12 month clothes and he is nearly 18 months old and the size 3 diapers are still big on him too. If I could, I would bundle up all my extra weight to give to our two precious skinny boys.

I am praying that they get you all the answers this week and that they can fix Isaac up without having to do a surgery...but if he does indeed need the surgery, I know that will fix him up good!

Big Hugs to you all!
Samantha

James said...

Disneyland pictures were real cute. I know that ya'll must have had fun! Keep us posted on surgery. Over the weekend I was busy with Carter's party, which was yesterday; so please go back and read the comments I posted since friday. Take care, Abby

Unknown said...

Love the pictures. Thanks I always love looking at that little cute. His smile just melts my heart.