We are just a family of five...three boys, a mom, a dad, a hamster, and dog. Welcome to our crazy world. Our adventures will make you laugh, cry, and pee in your pants...
RSS

Monday, January 28, 2008

What?!?!
I still lose control of my head sometimes!
I'm smiling'....but, you're not going to see my eyes!
Ok...see my eyes...now...you're not 

going to see me smile!!
Seriously...I'm not smiling anymore!

This was Isaac yesterday.  What a little personality he has now.  Quick to tell us what kind of day we're in for!

Today we got to meet heart mama Lisa (Mason's mom).  We had a BLAST!  Thanks for having us over Lisa!  You can read all about them on their blog (Mason..on the right)...except LISA doesn't update her blog everyday....we'll talk to  her about that!

Then, we (Isaac and Eli and myself) went to see Dr. Nakamura (pulmonologist).  He said that Isaac's lungs sounded great...but, he heard a crackle.  Hmmm...a crackle where??  Well...in the heart murmur.  What does that mean??  Well, it means that he has fluid build up.  So, he called Dr. Mayman and he told us to increase our daily dose of lasix from once a day to twice a day.  We see Dr. Mayman next Tuesday.  Dr. Mayman's office is late receiving our RSV dose...and we're late getting the shot...so, Dr. N gave us a shot (well two) while we were there.  YEAH!!! (rsv stay away!)  Also, his sats were a little lower than normal.  They're hovering in the low 90's.  Which isn't bad...but, his lungs are clear...so, something's up with his heart.  I forgot to ask how low it goes before we put him back on oxygen.  So..I'll keep a check on that this week.

Tomorrow...we see Dr. Baron (GI doc)!!!  Yippie!  We'll get a true gage of Isaac's weight and tell him how he miraculously stopped throwing up, his blood sugar chilled out, and how he's suddenly "normal".  I am ready to stop pumping (not that I don't love my Isaac...just tired of pumping)...so, I'm going to ask if we need to transition to formula or pediasure.  (Maybe the pediasure has more calories anyway).  

So...he's currently snoozing right here on the floor (where he falls asleep every night), Joe has to make a late night run to Wal-mart (which he does almost every night), the big boys are in bed (for now), and I can hear my Christmas bubble bath soap calling my name...ta ta for now!!!  I'll let you know tomorrow how the GI visit goes...should be GREAT!

BAD MAMA...I almost forgot...It's Isaac's birthday...he's 10 months old today!!!  YEAH for Isaac...you survived in our crazy house for 10 LONG months...poor thing...I should have bought you a special treat today...instead I make them give you 2 shots.  Mama's sorry butterball....one day you'll forgive me.   We love you angel!

Read Comments
  • Digg
  • Del.icio.us
  • StumbleUpon
  • Reddit
  • RSS

6 comments:

Mandy said...

Meghan is going to be upset when she sees Isaac in her chair. First it's the bouncy and now this one. Just wait, they will be fighting over all the toys soon.

Sorry I didn't get to call and tell Isaac happy birthday. I hope it's not raining too much there. Glad to see you got out of the house and had fun.

Take care and I'll call you later.

The Portas said...

You STILL PUMP? You are a saint! I pumped for 6 months and thought that was just plenty. Good for you..that's awesome that you've done it this long. When you stop, it will be the most freeing feeling in the world. It was sad for me at first, but then I felt like I had escaped from prison. I'm probably a bad mama for saying that.

Anyway, I'll be checking back in to see what the GI doc says today. I'm sure everything will be great. Isaac has just decided to shape up and fix everything himself!

Is that a walker that he's standing in? Does he try to use his legs at all? We cannot get Elijah to use his legs AT ALL in his new walker. Ug!

Well I hope you had a nice bubble bath (I had a nice one, too, last night for the first time in a looooong time!) and that you all got good rest.

Grandma Judy said...

Oh Isaac, Grandma forgot your 10th month birthday too. Oh NO. That would have been a good reason for another cake!

Your pictures looks like you are really tired. Are you staying up late with your brothers, or are you up watching tv? You look just so tired.

Have fun at the doctors office today. No shot this time!

We love you.

crabby old man said...

pray that the G.I. test today come out all right.
The pictures are so cute

Samantha said...

Hi there! First of all...way to go on the pumping...I was BEGGING the pediatrician to let me stop pumping and go straight to the source quickly upon arrival home...and now look at us...18 months and he won't give it up! You are terrific!

Megan...you are not an awful mama for saying that...it is very freeing to stop the nursing/pumping...you get your body back!

Isaac...your pictures look so cute...such a personality for sure! And happy 10 month bday! I am going to eat some cake on your behalf, since both you and Micah don't seem to get the idea of how good food is.

Kathy...I am so happy that you got a chance to go to a friend's house and "play". That is so nice to be able to do.

And finally...a CRACKLE! What is up with that?

I will check back to see how the GI visit went.

Love,
Samantha

P.S. I read the blog earlier today and got sidetracked before being able to write you!

Krista said...

Kathy...you are a amazing momma...you are just as busy keeping up with that little guy's doctor appointments! You are so on top of it all! And I am so impressed with the pumping...but I know the formula Kate was on was 30 cal/oz and they even make 45 cal/oz if he can tolerate it! I only made it 4 months...you're amazing!

So..I told Andy the other day I was hopping a plane for LV...and now that I know you have a pool and it's freezing here...it's looking more and more inviting!

Happy 10 months little guy!