We are just a family of five...three boys, a mom, a dad, a hamster, and dog. Welcome to our crazy world. Our adventures will make you laugh, cry, and pee in your pants...
RSS

Tuesday, January 15, 2008

I can't even believe that I have to type this...


We're flying out tomorrow for pre-op on Thursday morning...for surgery on Friday.  So, I asked her what case we were on Friday....well, we're the ONLY case.  They expect it to take all day!  Oh..my nerves.

oh.....my nerves.

oh..my nerves.

ok...I'm fine now...oh, my goodness!  We've put away the groceries, got the smog check, picked up Eli from school, and started cleaning the house.  Now, I need to get plane reservations, car reservations, wash clothes, fold, pack, and I need to go to the store and get a couple of things.  

Good thing...we did get a call from RMH that we DO have a room for tomorrow.  Thank goodness!!

Oh...I have many things to do....
I'll post tomorrow once we get there to tell you that we made it!

Read Comments
  • Digg
  • Del.icio.us
  • StumbleUpon
  • Reddit
  • RSS

10 comments:

The Portas said...

Wow, this is all so quick! I WISH I was closer so I could come help out. Take deep breaths...everything will get done..and your little boy will do great.

Our thoughts and prayers are with you guys!

The Jones Family said...

We love you all and are thinking of you...hang tough...and know you are not alone!
Cloe and Family

Samantha said...

Okay...take a breath! You are going to be fine...they just want to make sure that little Isaac realizes he is super special.

My little superstitions...the number 18 is a very lucky number in my religion...it mean's "life", so I know that this is a very good sign for our Isaac.

I know that this is so fast...I too wish I was closer, I would be over there to help as well. Have a very safe, uneventful flight...don't forget any of your power supplies this time around ;) and don't forget to breathe. Let Megan and I freak out for you...you need to stay focused!

Lots of love,
Samantha

Anonymous said...

Holy cow! You're on the move! I know Isaac will do great! Being the only case is perfect... you are less likely to get bumped. I know you didn't want to go back so quick, but I'm glad they figued out what was going on with your little stinker.

Will you please say hello to some of my favorite nurses (Katelyn, Linda, Cheryl and I'm sure there are more I'm forgetting) and give them my blog address? I miss them. They all took such good care of us. I know they will take great care of Isaac and you'll be back soon.

I'm praying for Isaac to be the superstar he is and for you to have the strength to be strong to make it through yet another surgery. Happy traveling.

Andrea said...

I've only posted once before on your blog, but I'm following your story. I'm sorry little Isaac needs another surgery so soon and you'll be in our thoughts and prayers. My little boy, Drew, is having his heart cath at UCSF on Friday and we'll be staying with my mother-in-law in Palo Alto Thursday night. She lives right across the street from Stanford. So know you'll have another heart family praying for you right nearby!

Unknown said...

Isaac will do just fine. He has come so far and will get through this too. I will be praying as you head out to Stanford. Being the only case is wonderful because Dr. Hanley only has Isaac on his mind for the day. Take a deep breath and relax. Your such a strong woman and mom. Issac is so blessed to have you as his mommy.

God Bless

Anonymous said...

We're praying for you all. I'm sorry you have to go back and do this all again but at least they caught it and can make him better. All our love and prayers, The Bunker Family.

Christy said...

My big sister is the strongest woman that I know, she can do anything even a 3rd surgery. I am proud to call her my sister.

I Love her and her wonderful family!

Christy

Grandma Nelson said...

Our hearts & prayers are with you all!

mina said...

Hi!
I saw on Arianna's blog that your son Isaac is having another heart surgery. I'll be keeping your little guy in my thoughts, and praying for the best possible outcome.