We are just a family of five...three boys, a mom, a dad, a hamster, and dog. Welcome to our crazy world. Our adventures will make you laugh, cry, and pee in your pants...
RSS

Wednesday, January 09, 2008

We made it home!  The MRI got changed to a cat scan this morning.  Because Isaac has the metal coils in his heart...the MRI is not so good for him, so cat scan it is!  Cobra and blue cross haven't gotten in sync yet...so, we had to pay 4k today just to get in.  (don't worry...the hospital said that they would re-submit a claim to the insurance company so that I can get reimbursed).  They told me that the cat scan would only take 45 minutes total (most of that time it would take to put him to sleep)...well, 2 1/2 hours later they came out.  I was so worried that something went wrong.  Well...fellow heart mama's know that it's almost impossible to get an iv started in our little ones.  They spent 1 hours trying to get an iv in Isaac (and they used our favorite nurse Renna---she's been working on Isaac since he was a day old!).  So, they decided to proceed with the cat scan without iv access.  But, they did have to intibate him.  So, he's coughing, got a hoarse voice, and is over-all a cranky little man.  They were only able to look at his heart....and I don't even know if they were able to see everything that they needed to see.  (I hope I get results soon).  They wanted to schedule the MRI of the spine and brain for the end of the month....but, I think I'll cancel it and give him a chance to heal.  (because, 3 weeks isn't long enough for him to grow new veins anyway!).

So....I'm home, tired, starving, and just want to CRASH on the couch!
I took a few pics with my cell phone.  I emailed them to myself so that I could upload them...but, they haven't come across yet.  When they do...I'll be sure to post them.
Really...Isaac is fine.  I've got him eating milk again...slowly...but, he's getting milk!  The big boys were cleaning the house with Joe when I came in...and I have delicious leftovers to eat tonight.  So...I'll post the pics when I get them...but, I need to EAT!

Read Comments
  • Digg
  • Del.icio.us
  • StumbleUpon
  • Reddit
  • RSS

3 comments:

T n T - K n K said...

Kat,
you and Isaac are my hero's! I don't know how you do it. I should say your whole family because it looks like you guys really work together to make it all happen. Can I nominate you guys for family of the year? Not trying to go mush gush but really...you guys know what I mean. The Rollers are awesome! Baby Isaac, this year will be nothing but beautiful blessings. I've said my prayers and I'm wishing them for everyone since there are so many needing them.

Glad you guys are back and had a great time!

Sams Family

Unknown said...

I am so glad everything went well today and your home resting. Arianna just had an MRI of her brain and full spine last month. She also has a sacral dimple and with the DiGeorge Syndrome we wanted to check for any anomalies. The main thing we were concerned about was a tethered cord, which her MRI showed she does not have. She does have a butterfly vertebra of her T10, which I'm still waiting to hear from the neurologist to see what that means. She also had some kind of finding in her brain with I tried to research but didnt find much information on so hoping the doc will be more helpful. We have been waiting for 3 weeks to talk to this doc and I'm beginning to get so frustrated I'm about to show up at the office just to get some answer. I guess since it wasn't an acute finding they don't think its something they need to rush and tell me about. UUUGGHH!! Okay I'm rambling sorry. Hope the soar throat gets better. Arianna woke up from her MRI with a cough, then turned into a full blown cold/flu. They said it wasn't anesthesia or the intubation but I have a bad taste in my mouth about it now so really don't want to do another MRI. Look at me...rambling again! Please let us know what the MRI shows.

Take Care

Samantha said...

As always, your days are filled with excitement! Now I am a bit freaked out about the MRI that Micah had last May...he too has a coil in his chest...but I guess I would have found out about anything that could have gone wrong by now?!?

I am sorry that your little stinker was just that...a stinker...with the IV. He is so adorable...I too wish we lived closer...not only to take advantage of a nap...but to be able to meet you and that adorable family of yours.

Hang in there...we have an easy day today...just seeing the nutritionist at our house this morning and then I have to clean the house for the cleaning girl who is coming tomorrow...pathetic...I am just not sure how I am planning to get it even close to acceptable!

Hugs to you and I am praying that the cat scan shows all is perfect with that heart of his!

Love,
Samantha