We are just a family of five...three boys, a mom, a dad, a hamster, and dog. Welcome to our crazy world. Our adventures will make you laugh, cry, and pee in your pants...
RSS

Thursday, January 10, 2008

OK....Dr. Mayman called back tonight...

NOT GOOD!

He said that he spoke with Dr. Hanley and they are worried about the heart.  It's at the junction where the Pulmonary arteries and the new conduit meet.  It is swollen three times bigger than what it should be.  So, they're worried about that swelling...but, also the fact that it's pressing against the trachea.  They are worried that it could cut off his airway.  So...GUESS WHAT??   They put on the schedule at Stanford for January 18th....NEXT WEEK!  My bags aren't even unpacked from the last stay.  My Christmas tree isn't even put away....(that's it...I'm leaving it up until next year...)

So...Joe's parents were already planning a visit this weekend...so, they're going to stay and take care of the big boys so that we can take Isaac back to Stanford.  

I've got to work on putting some weight on him this next week.  He's had a good day today....no retching!  

So...all my friends here that help me out with the boys...I'm calling you this week.  Thanks in advance for all the help you give...it makes these stinky trips much easier knowing that my big boys are taken care of!

**The silver lining to this cloud is that they found it.  Before anything bad happened to Isaac and we weren't prepared!  Dr. Hanley will get the complete cat scan results to review on Monday...so, there's still a small chance that he'll decided to wait and watch and not jump into surgery...but, as for now...they're all concerned and we're on the surgery calendar for the 18th....one more open heart surgery to add to his portfolio...he's such a show off!  He's catching up to Kate!

Read Comments
  • Digg
  • Del.icio.us
  • StumbleUpon
  • Reddit
  • RSS

9 comments:

Terri@SteelMagnolia said...

I am so incredibly sorry you guys.. this is awful news...

I just wrote to Nancy Grace again..
nominating you guys for the award for Extra Ordinary Parents..

anyone else interested..
got to cnn.com/nancygrace
then click on "ireports"

I send a cute little pic of Isaac and told why I feel that the Rollers should get this award.

We love you guys...
You are extra ordinary parents.
My entire family is praying for you.

Samantha said...

Oh my goodness...Kathy...you are amazing and Isaac is such a show off. Maybe the weather is nicer in CA now...and you are right...how wonderful that they found this so early instead of throwing you for a major loop. I am so sorry.

Hugs,
Samantha

Krista said...

Kathy...it looks like Kate has found her soul mate...how do you feel about pre-arranged marriages! Don't let Kate know that she has some competition...she'll kick it up into high gear.

Seriously...my heart is hurting for you right now. I gasped when I read your blog. But like you said...they found it early and they will find a solution to this problem. I'm just so sorry you have to go through the whole ordeal of getting back to Stanford...and leaving the boys. You'll definitely be in my prayers. Just wish I was closer to give you a big hug and share a coffee with while our kids continue to perplex the docs! Aren't we so blessed!!

Edwin Khodabakchian said...

It is indeed great that they found it early. You will be in our prayers. Courage!

The Portas said...

Oh pooey. I'm so sorry to hear this, Kathy. It wasn't in the "plan" for you guys, but it is a VERY GOOD thing that they caught it and can do something about it. Isaac is going to do great, as he always does, and things will be just fine.

I wish I could do something to help out....help pack, take down your tree.. :)

Grandma Judy said...

Kat, When Joe's parents get there, be sure to leave them "THE BOOK".
The boys and I were able to go everywhere and do everything thanks to your explicit instructions.

And for you baby Isaac.....I just don't know what to say. You are quite the little stinker!

Dina said...

You have such a great outlook on things - I tend to want to curl up in a fetal position and wait until the storm blows over.
Just now that heart moms in northern california are sending good thoughts your way.
Dina
www.jilliansommers.blogspot.com

Terri@SteelMagnolia said...

I'm with Dina....

Girl, you have some super human strength. You are such an inspiration...you are a whole lot stronger than me....

God bless you guys.

Anonymous said...

Sigh. Not the news you needed to hear! That little Isaac must love all those nurses at Stanford. They give him special attention. However, mom and dad give him more! I hope they figure it all out and he can wait a while to grow bigger before they have to do a repair. I'm thinking of you!