We are just a family of five...three boys, a mom, a dad, a hamster, and dog. Welcome to our crazy world. Our adventures will make you laugh, cry, and pee in your pants...
RSS

Thursday, January 24, 2008

WHAT???  Mom's reading to Eli and dad called my name...
OK...I'll pose for you!!
Hey...I'm missing mom's story...
Yes...I'm just a cheese ball!
I played on my tummy...this is as far as I can 

lift my big head.  whooo hooo!



Isaac had another day without retching or throwing up!  He sleeps all night like a champ!  Mark and Nicole came over today.  Isaac worked on sitting up and head control.  He ate a few bites for Mark and licked some cheese puffs (his favorite).  His new favorite thing is screaming at me.  Just a quick, "AHHH!"...but, he does it when needs the tv on, when it's time to eat...or when he poops.  So, I hear, "AHHH" all day long!!!  He's not crying...just finding his voice.  It's quite odd hearing noise come from him...he's been silent for so long, it just doesn't seem normal that a sound would come out of his mouth!

OK...I'm a little worried about something that Isaac started doing this week.  He's not tracking with both eyes.  One eye will look one way and the other one will not move.  And it's not one eye...they switch up moving and staying put.  (It's freaking me out!)  He did this when he was a baby...and his eyes would shutter from side to side...but, they attributed it to the Reglan that he was on and we haven't given it to him since....and his eyes haven't done this for months.  Here are a few pics I took of him tonight so that you could see.   I am standing right in front of him.


So...give me your input.  Any ideas??  I did make an appointment with the neurologist for next Wednesday.  I guess I need to call an opthamologist also.??

Read Comments
  • Digg
  • Del.icio.us
  • StumbleUpon
  • Reddit
  • RSS

14 comments:

Grandma Judy said...

I go with drug side effects ..some type of seizure, or some type of mini stroke? There's something going on in there. Maybe he's trying to read one of Eli's Christmas wish list!!!!!

I give up on this one!

Christy said...

Kat- My Cat did that and I asked the doctor and he said it was the was the brain was trying to tell the eyes what to do and that it was normal for up to 6 months. But that also comes from my doctor that works at the 28 bed hospital

Christy said...

Sorry for the miss type I am tired it is 9:30 and past my bed time

Christy said...

I got it He is trying to see his frog. He just wants to talk to his dear old friend

Kathy said...

yeah...yeah...
it's normal for BABIES..but, Isaac is 10 months old this week...and it just started out of the blue.
oh...the stress he causes me.
I've been searching the internet...i think i'll just get off now...i've self diagnosed him with too many things already!

ks said...

Kathy, my daughter has 22q deletion syndrome also, and right around her first bday, we noticed something similar, except her eyes "wandered" outward, not inward. we noticed it more when she got tired. anyway, we took her to a pediatric opthamologist and it turned out to be exotropia/strabismus. its correctable sometimes with patching, glasses, or in some cases (ours) it was surgically corrected (minor outpatient right before her 2nd bday). rest easy, its probably something simple and easy to correct... ((hugs)) kamaile hiatt

Kathy said...

Kamiaile...
THANK YOU!!
That info will help me sleep better tonight!!

Unknown said...

Kathy,

Your doing all the right things. If Isaac didn't have 22q I probably wouldn't be as worried but as you know our kiddos like to through curve balls at us so get this checked out. When are you getting the MRI of his brain and spine. I think this would be a good thing to get done. I'm no doctor but I think the MRI of the brain would be a good thing to rule out for any abnormalities.

OH and I love the frog idea...maybe he is just trying to talk to him!!

Terri@SteelMagnolia said...

Strabismus...
I think that Anna Nicole's baby has that... but she needs to wear a patch....

My oldest son needed a patch for a while too... he was getting a lazy eye b/c the eye w/ the stigmatism wasn't not really working..
so it got lazy, the other eye did all the work...
he's fine now!

Little Baby Manning said...

i'm glad you've got friends that can give you some peace of mind...hopefully it is just what the others have been through - either way, your still in our prayers....

TimnKatienElinSam said...

I know you do not know me, but I have been following your site from our friends Dan, Megan, and Eli. I love all your pictures by the way. I just wanted you to know that my husband did the exact same thing at about the same time when he was a small child and he ended up having strabismus (and he was perfectly healthy otherwise). He just needed surgery to correct it, but did not end up having it done until he was much older. His MDs attributed it to a weak eye muscle, and they thought this may have been because he was born a few weeks premature. Get the testing done, just so you can have some peace of mind, but I am sure it is going to end up being something simple. I have preemie twins and I know what it is like to freak out over every little thing and spend hours researching on the internet when they are sleeping...but you are going to drive yourself nuts!

Hugs,
Katie and the boys

Little Baby Manning said...

oh yeah, and his hair - it's to die for! i just love it!

Mandy said...

Oh Kat, these pics are so cute. I thinkI may need to come spend the entire month with you just so you can get your Mag pie fix and I can get my Icky fix. Seth and Eli can just hang out.

Anonymous said...

What a handsome man! Love the pictures.

I'm agreeing with the strabismis idea. We just talked about that with Aubrey. I'm noticing a little "wondering" eye from time to time. Strbismis is genetic... does/did anyone else in your family have it? Andy had it when he was young and had to have surgery to correct it. I say not to stress just yet. Easier said than done, huh? That is odd that it just started out of the blue.