We are just a family of five...three boys, a mom, a dad, a hamster, and dog. Welcome to our crazy world. Our adventures will make you laugh, cry, and pee in your pants...
RSS

Tuesday, January 15, 2008

Well...our night ended just stinky last night.

Isaac retched his poor little head off all day.  We got the call from Dr. Mayman last night.  He was able to see the cat scan results in 3D.  And...still doesn't look good.  They don't know how Isaac is breathing.  He will call Dr. Hanley this morning at 8am (and it could take all day for him to get back to us)...but, he told us that he didn't think that there was any chance that they would postpone his surgery.  So...this will be Isaac's THIRD OPEN HEART SURGERY IN SIX MONTHS!  My nerves can barely take it!  I am a little worried about this one...until they give me specifics on how they are going to address the heart and airway.  He's not chunky at all, he's got junky lungs right now from the vent last week, and quite frankly...I'm not ready to go back.  I guess I don't get a choice though.  I ordered groceries last night (because I had a free delivery coupon!) and have plans to try to organize this crazy house of mine and get us packed.  

AND...on top of hearing that surgery is inevitable for us....our little Kate heart baby is doing horrible.  Their post last night made me cry.  If you don't mind, leave her parents a comment so that they know they are loved.  Krista and I had already arranged for Kate and Isaac to be married in the future...they are exactly alike...even the way they sleep in the crib.  

We don't have any appointments today...so, I'll just keep busy getting things in order to head to Stanford and I'll post the minute we hear from Dr. Hanley. 

Read Comments
  • Digg
  • Del.icio.us
  • StumbleUpon
  • Reddit
  • RSS

4 comments:

The Portas said...

Well that sure stinks that little Isaac is probably going to need that surgery this week. Hopefully Dr. H gets back to you very soon and helps to ease your worries a bit. I imagine that this is terribly frustrating and scary for you...you have sure been dealt A LOT! Just know that we pray sooo hard for you guys and that Isaac is totally being lifted up in prayer (by MANY people) and as you know, he's in very good hands with the famous Dr. Hanley. He's gonna pull through like a champ! And when he's through it, maybe all that retching will be gone for good! Hang in there...

Grandma Judy said...

Hi Isaac,
Today is your cousin Carter's 2nd birthday. He had to spend some of his day at the doctor's office. I just don't know about you boys.

I think mom's planning a trip for you back to California. You better ask her about that!

Be good. Grandma loves you.

Terri and Fam said...

I can't even imagine how hard this is for you. I just read Kate's update and our hearts ache for them. We are praying for you as well.

Fellow Heart Parents,
The Grabb Family

Samantha said...

Hi Kathy,

I am so sorry that last night was so yucky. I want that boy to shape up and get better already. I know that once you speak with Dr. Hanley you will have a sense of peace by knowing what they are going to do for Mr. Isaac (aka Attention Seeker). You need to make sure to take good care of yourself too. I am so glad that you were able to simply order groceries...what a huge task that you did not have to venture out of the house for. Please know that I am praying very hard for Isaac and your family.

Love,
Samantha