We are just a family of five...three boys, a mom, a dad, a hamster, and dog. Welcome to our crazy world. Our adventures will make you laugh, cry, and pee in your pants...
RSS

Thursday, November 22, 2007






Happy Thanksgiving!!!
I forgot to tell everyone that Isaac was weighed yesterday and weighs 13.9 pounds. He's lost 3 pounds!!! (or did I tell you??) I can't remember...but, he does like tiny now. No more big head! He's sleeping really good today, not as cranky as he has been for the last few days. We have an echo scheduled for tomorrow and a lung profusion scan for Monday (I hope)...and all else staying the same...we could be out of here early next week. He's still on a lot of meds that need to be tapered more, his inflammed lungs need to settle down, and the fever needs to stay away!
Enjoy the pic of our Thanksgiving feast. It's almost comical...but, I am SO GLAD that we have this to eat. (Most of this town is closed down...we're not in VEGAS anymore!)
Isaac is only on 1/8 litre of oxygen!!! He'll be off by tonight or tomorrow! It's SO AMAZING to be looking at such a pink little baby! No more blue lips! It's been fun seeing old faces again...but, it will be nice to only come back for "tune ups"!!!

Read Comments
  • Digg
  • Del.icio.us
  • StumbleUpon
  • Reddit
  • RSS

9 comments:

Krista said...

Happy Thanksgiving Kathy! Yum Yum on that feast. We ourselves had deli sandwiches for lunch and are hoping we can find a pizza place open in town for dinner!

Yeah...I've heard great things about Stanford..but it's a little far to travel, unless we have too! We're thankful we can get to a major ped heart hospital within 3 hours of driving.

Isaac looks great...a little confused as to all the happenings. Praying that all those small tweaks get worked out through the weekend and you are home next week! I'm sure your little guy will pack on the pounds once he's home!

Happy Thanksgiving...my friend! May we all truly be thankful for the many blessings...even the small ones in life!

Grandma Susie said...

Kathy, Joe & skinny little Isaac, Happy Thanksgiving! Your precious baby boy looks so good - he IS pink!!!
I love the sitting up pictures, thank you for posting them AND we're happy to see that the hospital is feeding you Turkey with the works today. If it doesn't taste as good as it looks, then just let me know, and I will gladly make you a special holiday meal when I stop in to see you next month.
We love you all and are praying daily that Isaac has a quick and complete recovery.
Hugs & Kisses, Mom & Dad

Mandy said...

Kat, you need to just go ahead and ask them for the entire pumpkin pie. That's all you really need for your perfect meal!!

Great job Isaac on getting beter!! Take care of your mom and dad.

Grandma Judy said...

Oh look at that beautiful baby, and his skinny little legs! Of all things, we are especially thankful for our baby Isaac and his speedy recovery!

We all hope that the whole family will be home soon!

The Portas said...

I bet it's so fun to see his personality coming back. I can't imagine what it's like to see a pink baby. I bet it's a great feeling, huh. It's so good to see him so alert in the pics! What a sweet face. I'm so sorry you had to spend Thanksgiving there, eating that, but I suppose there are much worse places to spend T-giving.

He will gain that weight back in no time...I have no doubt. He's doing so great!

Praying for you guys, as always..

Grandma Nelson said...

Happy Thanksgiving Kathy! We're thankful for you and your diligent blogging efforts! Keep up the good work. We can hardly wait for you to come home.
Love,
The Nelson family

Anonymous said...

Happy Thanksgiving Kathy and Joe. We love you and can't wait to come see you, especially since we wont have to wash our hands. ( that was so cute, Eli you are the best ever)
Love the Utah Rollers

Andrea said...

Hi. You don't know me, but a friend of mine directed me to your blog. My son Drew also has DiGeorge Syndrome and complex heart defects. He's going to be 4 in February and he's doing great! My heart goes out to you being in the hospital on Thanksgiving. Your little guy is so adorable and it sounds like you all are doing well. So I just wanted to say hi and Happy Thanksgiving!

James said...

Glad to hear the great news! Isaac you are so cute! Not to worry; I'm sure the chub will be back in no time. Just think how little he would be if he couldn't afford to lose those 3 lbs! Keep up the good work. Love, The McKeel's