We are just a family of five...three boys, a mom, a dad, a hamster, and dog. Welcome to our crazy world. Our adventures will make you laugh, cry, and pee in your pants...
RSS

Friday, November 16, 2007

OK...Isaac's heart rate and bp have gone back to normal. He's back on the vent and he is breathing a little over the rate of it...so, that's a step in the right direction. He was put on steroids and breathing treatments today...he's a wheezing little guy today. I hope that's not one more thing we have to add to his "list"!
Nurse Libby is taking EXCELLENT care of us. Isaac must have tired himself out last night trying to breathe...because, he is sleeping so good today. We have started his feeds again...he's getting 20cc's an hour. Oh...he'll be able to fit in his skinny jeans when we get home! We changed his chest dressings this morning..and his incision is very long, but it is healing great! Maybe Mr. Isaac just needs a few more days to rest. His lungs are just wet...so, he's still on extra dieuretics and that along with the steroids should help expand and dry up those lungs. (now...I just hope that Isaac was listening to those directions!). I'll post again tonight when they round again. But, our favorite card, Emily, is on tonight...and she'll fix Isaac right up!!!
Oh..and all the cultures they have sent to the labs have still come back negative for infection. They have no idea why that fever comes and goes. But, he's still on a broad spectrum antibiotic. (I'll find the name MOM!)

Read Comments
  • Digg
  • Del.icio.us
  • StumbleUpon
  • Reddit
  • RSS

6 comments:

Terri@SteelMagnolia said...

Great news!!!

My guess on the drug is ...

vancomyecin.. sp???

Meg, what is your guess?

Love those broad spectrum drugs!!

Anonymous said...

Who stole the cookies from Kathy's cookie jar!?! That is just low. I love that you put the initials of the nurse, I don't know any of the nurses and I was here guessing her name. You have been through a lot in the last couple of days. I hope you are getting to rest. Thinking of you and Isaac all the time!
Love,
Brittany

Grandma Judy said...

"The boys are driving Mom bonkers,"
I believe that was the post yesterday.....and mom said No, No.
Well, the story goes.....how can Grandma order the wrong pizza? Every Friday night is Pizza night at the Roller house. So, I ordered pizza.....exactly what Eli told me to do. Chris is FURIOUS!!!! He wanted Papa John's not Pizza Hut.Oh well, guess he will have to settle for leftovers or fix a PB&J
sandwich. Hey Kat, want to trade places?????

Hope Isaac keeps on improving. Please find out about the meds.....and his weight.

The Portas said...

GOOD news all around! You and Isaac are both so strong. You are doing an amazing job of being a good mama and Isaac is doing an amazing job of healing right up.

Prayers and hugs going out to you tonight....

Megan, Dan & Elijah

The Portas said...

Hmmmmm, not sure on the drug name. That v-word sounds familiar, though. :)

Mandy said...

Kat, mom told me what happened. I'm so sorry. Don't they realize that you are dealing with enough and you don't need that. Tell the docs to yell that them. I'll make you some cookies and send out. (I promise to make them softer this time!!)

Oh, Meghan broke my cell phone today so tell Joe he has to find me one of your old ones!!!