We are just a family of five...three boys, a mom, a dad, a hamster, and dog. Welcome to our crazy world. Our adventures will make you laugh, cry, and pee in your pants...
RSS

Saturday, November 10, 2007






We're back at the Ronald McDonald House for the night...and Isaac is still a champ! I still can't believe how good he's doing (knocking on wood now). No changes in anything today...liver's good, sats are still at 100, bp is good, they are still slowly increasing his versed and morphine drips...he keeps kicking his legs and touching his face..he's trying to get that vent out in his sleep! There still isn't internet access at the hospital...that's why I can't email everyone all day..and respond to all the comments...but, I do read them and they make me SMILE! You guys make me feel SO loved!!! The cell phone service isn't great in the hospital either...I feel like a fish out of water!!!
Isaac's nurse tonight is Jing. We didn't have her last time, but she's a nice one!!! (I don't know how we're getting SO lucky!) (I'm still keeping the good nurse list for you Lisa!) Rachel is there again tonight so the two of them are going to decorate Isaac's crib...I can't wait to see what they do!
Isaac's little hands and toes are so cold, but when we put socks on them today...he kicked and waved his arms until them came off! (That's my little stinker!)
I miss the big boys TERRIBLY...and they are so sweet when I call them. The first thing they ask is "How's baby Isaac?". What awesome big brothers they are!
I think that we should know by Monday what day they are going to schedule the heart cath...it will be nice to get that behind us! You know that we're in the exact same spot that we were in last time we were here...it's throwing the nurses for a loop! They look at me and I look familiar..but, I cut off a foot of hair since our last stay...and then, they look at Joe, and he looks familiar...and he's lost a ton of weight since we were here...but, the name....that's when they remember who we are! And we're still throwing around Terri's name...TOTALLY name dropping...to get special treatment!
Look at the cute sign that nurse Rachel made for Isaac...we picked on her tonight because she spelled it wrong!! Funny girl!

Read Comments
  • Digg
  • Del.icio.us
  • StumbleUpon
  • Reddit
  • RSS

11 comments:

Anonymous said...

I can't believe I'm the first to comment. I'm glad everything is going so well. I'm glad he's in such good hands. You and Joe are such good parents. I love reading all the updates and can't wait to talk to you after everything settles down. You are in our prayers. Love The Bunkers

Terri@SteelMagnolia said...

Great update...
and love the pics...
what a little love bug he is....

Ahhh.. you have Jing.. I love Jing...
she took care of Magoo at night too, she was one his primaries...
she cracked us up b/c when we'd call from RMH to check on him.. she'd always say... (in her accent)

" ah, the kid.. he's doing fine.."

she'd always call him "the kid" and it cracked us up!!

You little name dropper you! I would do the same thing!!!!

Huggs to you both... so happy things are going well, you guys...

God is good!!

Terri@SteelMagnolia said...

DOH! Poor Rachel... *wide eyes*
Sometimes when I'm typing... I want to type two "s's" myself...

Did you tell her or did you give her a pass??

She made Matthew's sign (on orange paper, too) that said "Matty" ~ she was the first to call him Matty... she called him Matty butt butt in her email..
the big silly!

Samantha said...

I am so happy that Isaac is doing so well. What a little trooper he is. I hope that you are getting some sleep...I know that is much easier said than done.

Hugs,
Samantha

Mandy said...

Good job Isaac. While your mom has your nurses decorating your crib, we are all here getting your house ready for Christmas. One tree is up, Grandma judy and your brothers just have to decorate it.

Your big brothers miss you a lot. It's just not the same here without you.

Be good and keep mom and dad on their toes!!

The Portas said...

I'm so proud of your man!! Honestly, what a champ. We're still praying...

Terri@SteelMagnolia said...

Hey kids...
Just checking in!

Sorry I gosh darn missed yer call ... drats...

I was here..I didn't even know the phone had rung ... (or it is.. had rang?)

danggg
git.

The Portas said...

Just checking in here, too. That pic of Isaac on the sidebar with his jeans and no shirt is ADORABLE. I showed it to Dan and we've just been giggling at his juiciness. How sweet.

Hope all is going well today. We're getting ready to put Elijah to bed and he always has a nice prayer to say for Isaac, so we're gonna go do that now. :)

The Portas said...

Just checking in here, too. That pic of Isaac on the sidebar with his jeans and no shirt is ADORABLE. I showed it to Dan and we've just been giggling at his juiciness. How sweet.

Hope all is going well today. We're getting ready to put Elijah to bed and he always has a nice prayer to say for Isaac, so we're gonna go do that now. :)

Samantha said...

I am also just checking in to see how the little man is doing today...Still sending you guys lots of prayers!

Lots of hugs,
Samantha

Anonymous said...

he looks so great! ... and every time you mention his sats being 100, i just can't believe how awesome dr. h is and it makes me get the chills! so glad to keep getting such good news!

and THANK YOU for the little blackbook :) you know i'll be using it and dropping a few names myself ;)

love - the mannings