We are just a family of five...three boys, a mom, a dad, a hamster, and dog. Welcome to our crazy world. Our adventures will make you laugh, cry, and pee in your pants...
RSS

Saturday, November 24, 2007

I'm SUCH a dork!! I'm at the RMH (Joe's pulling night shift again) and I have internet access...but, I left the camera in the room! Well...I know you guys are waiting for pictures...but, I'm not going back. We'll try again tomorrow!
As for Mr. Isaac....he's off oxygen (again). Satting in the upper 90's (like a champ!). He's off all of his iv meds...everything he takes now is through his g-tube...which is: (drum roll please....) prevacid, lasix, aldactone, methadone, ativan, potassium (which will soon be stopped), baclofen, prednisone, some other type of phosphorus potassium something, and two different breathing treatments every 6 hours. WHOOOO! They said that it could take a couple of weeks to get him off the narcotics and months to get off the breathing treatments. It appears that the lungs take quite a beating during the unifocalization surgeries and need help staying puffy! This is all nothing that we can't handle....BRING IT ON! Isaac's SLOWLY gaining back his weight. Not yet up to 14 pounds yet, but we're working on it. He's been on continuous feeds...where we give him 35cc's every hour. We're doing to start compressing that tonight where we will give him 70cc's over 30 minutes every 2 hours and then tomorrow, we'll give him 105 over 45 minutes every 3 hours until we get to the feeding schedule that we were on before we got here...150cc's over 1hour every 4 hours. (I can't believe I got all of that straight!). He's still VERY cranky. It's the drug withdrawals and the steroids that he's on...he better be glad that I love him and think he's cute! I try holding him each day and he won't let me...he just screams louder until I put him back in the bed snuggled up with his stuffed animals. (What a stinker!). His hands don't stink anymore...if you were wondering. But, boy...I can't wait to give him a bath. I'm sure that he's got things growing in all kinds of places! We changed his mickey button to his new size...except, now that he's lost weight...the button doens't fit very well...there's a little leakage around it. So, Joe and I are changing the dressings alot and the wound nurse will be by on Monday to see if he needs a different size. It's just a little raw around the edges...nothing like it was last week. All in all...he's doing good. They are trying to get us discharged on Tuesday...and I can't wait!!!
See you guys then!!
(I'll try to put on my thinking cap and remember the camera tomorrow...but, you know how my mind works lately...)

Read Comments
  • Digg
  • Del.icio.us
  • StumbleUpon
  • Reddit
  • RSS

5 comments:

Mandy said...

Kat, do I need to fly out and take pictures?? Good thing mom is at your house so thatwhen you finally get home we will have pics.

Don't worry abot Ickys weight. You'll have him as big as Meghan soon.

So, if your home on Tuesday I'll be there Tuesday night. :) Just joking, I'll wait a while to visit. Take care and enjoy your little boy.

Grandma Judy said...

Kat, Do I need to get Chris to make you a list? We seem to stay after him about forgetting things. Guess we know where he got it from.

The boys had a great time outside tonight. Eli did slip out in his pajamas.

I hope things are less stressful with Joe being there with you, even if you don't see him much!

Have a good evening. We won't bother you unless the boys want to say good night.

Good night baby Isaac. We love you!

The Portas said...

Isaac, you're such an amazing little man!

So happy to read the good update and to hear Tuesday may be your day!

Samantha said...

Isaac, you are amazing! Kathy...you are SUPER amazing! I am so happy to hear such tremendous news!

Hugs,
Samantha

James said...

Glad to hear that you might be coming home soon! I already viewed the other email; he looks sooooo much better! I know you must be releived. (spelling?)
Take care, Abby