We are just a family of five...three boys, a mom, a dad, a hamster, and dog. Welcome to our crazy world. Our adventures will make you laugh, cry, and pee in your pants...
RSS

Monday, November 19, 2007

We decided to let Icky sleep for the night. (although he has to have all of his dressings changed...and he can't stand for anyone to touch him right now). Our plan is to try to extabate about 7am (before they start rounds--so, maybe 7:30 (because shift change is at 7). So, I'm trying to get into bed, get some sleep, so I'm out the door and ready to walk in at 7:30!!
The day that I thought couldn't get much worse, did...I walked out to catch the van that shuttles you to RMH. The minute I walked out the door and headed toward the van...she started it up and drove off. (I guess I was suppose to walk because I had four oreos for dinner). Then...when I thought this crazy day was over and nothing else could phase me...I look in the mirror. I have arm flap. I don't know where it came from or how long it's been there. I know this is a right of passage to womanhood...but, I'm not ready yet. I mean...I could fly us all back to Vegas with the way they were flapping!
I talked to the big boys tonight. Boy, do I miss them! (Thanks again to all the mamas that help carpool them to school...I'll be back soon to pick up the slack!) Chris is doing so good in school...I couldn't be prouder. And Eli recited the cutest Thanksgiving poem.
I will definately post in the morning after we extabate. Even if it's only a short one...just so you know how he did!

Read Comments
  • Digg
  • Del.icio.us
  • StumbleUpon
  • Reddit
  • RSS

4 comments:

Anonymous said...

The things we women worry about! Arm flaps! I am laughing so hard about that one!!! On a more serious note, I went to the Raleigh temple Saturday with our youth and put your whole family's name on the prayer roll. I love your family! I remember so well when YOU were a baby, Kathy, AND when you used to babysit MY babies during my "hard times" for so little pay!!!
Remember that??? Your mom and dad have done so much for me and I will never forget it!

May you feel comforted today,
Love, Teresa

Samantha said...

Good Morning Kathy--

I hope that you got some sleep last night and I am praying for an uneventful, successful extubation this morning.

You are too funny about the arm flap--I hate it too...I am right there with you...if I lived in Vegas we could make a pact to go to the gym to lift weights together...but I am all the way down here...oh, and I have NO committment to the gym...and by the way...the last picture I saw of you, you looked amazing, so don't worry about a little "flap"--maybe it was just the lighting.

Lots of love,
Samantha

The Portas said...

I have recently acquired some arm flaps. I see them in pictures, mostly. I think I'll wear long sleeves forever! :) Anyway, I doubt your arm flaps are very significant. You are a skinny girl!

I woke up this morning and had a VERY GOOD feeling in my heart about Isaac. I feel like it's going to be a good day. That little man has been through a lot and he deserves to be in his mama's arms very soon.

I hope you got some sleep last night.

Grandma Judy said...

Anxious Grandma here waiting for some good NEWS!

Kat, if there IS anything flapping on your arms it can ONLY be skin. You have no fat or flab. When you get home we will wrap you in Saran Wrap and put you in the sun to bake. You will be fine!