We are just a family of five...three boys, a mom, a dad, a hamster, and dog. Welcome to our crazy world. Our adventures will make you laugh, cry, and pee in your pants...
RSS

Tuesday, November 27, 2007

WE MADE IT!!! We're at the RMH and Isaac has been SOUND asleep for about 2 hours now. He's sleeping so good, that I keep going over to make sure he's breathing! My little crab muffin was just tired.
Before checking out of our suite at the hospital (ha ha)...we had to get all of our prescriptions filled...all 10 of them!!! Which, after insurance, was a wonderful $200!! Then, we had to have a portable nebulizer (in case we needed to give a breathing treatment at the airport or somewhere on the go) and wouldn't you know that's not a covered item on our insurance! So...there's another $300...and it wasn't even noon yet! Wait until tomorrow when we settle up with RMH (which, thank goodness, won't be too much) and pay for the rental car...and we bought a last minute ticket back to Vegas (which on Southwest isn't too bad)....GEEZ LOUISE...It's a good thing Joe works hard for us!!! I told the pharmacist that I was wrapping up Isaac's medicine bottles for him for christmas!
Oh...I can't wait to see my little stinker boys! They say they need haircuts...I love it when they let their hair get long...I always wanted little tan, long haired, surfer boys. Now, they're tan, shaggy haired, but no place to surf. Maybe one day we'll end up on the coast again (east or west)...but, on the ocean would be NICE!
So...we fly out tomorrow about 3:00 and tomorrow night I'll be eating dinner on my tv tray in front of my big tv watching my soap opera that I've missed for weeks (my guilty pleasure...don't tell anyone!).

Thanks again for everyone that helped us get through this incredible journey! From all the moms that helped take my boys to school (Debbie, Kim, Toni, Wendy, MaryAnn, Janice, and any other mom that got a call to help), my mom who's watching our boys now, Joe's mom who had them last surgery, my sisters for calling and emailing and sending goodies, my sister-in-law for always leaving us comments (instead of my brother who can't seem to find time to call...thanks Abby!), Thanks to all my HEART MAMAS....who hold my hand and give me advice and pep talks, thanks for all the members of our ward, other wards, and everyone who prayed and fasted for us and Isaac...we felt your prayers and hugs. I could list a million things that we're thankful for this year...but, mostly I'm thankful for my eternal family and my adoring husband (who, yes, at the moment...is still on my nerves)....but, I couldn't imagine taking this journey without him holding my hand, leading our family, and being the glue that holds us together (well..he's like the glue stick...I'm more like the super-glue...but, he's still glue!).
(I just crack myself up sometimes!)

I'm must go now and pack....YEAH RIGHT! We have enough stuff (JUNK) to fill 10 suitcases and only have 3...I'm not sure how that's going to happen yet!!

Read Comments
  • Digg
  • Del.icio.us
  • StumbleUpon
  • Reddit
  • RSS

5 comments:

Krista said...

Wow...10 meds..hope they wean those off fast! So glad you are "Officially out" My prayers will be with you tomorrow...I can't imagine having to fly a day after discharge...you're a strong mama! Have a wonderful day!

Anonymous said...

what a relief! glad to hear you're on your way...
be safe and we'll talk soon!

lisa

The Portas said...

I am so happy for you guys! Home sweet home. It is going to feel so good to get back to where it's comfortable for all of you.

Yikes on all the $$$ you guys have had to spend!

I hope you had a great night of sleep and that you all wake up rested and ready to head back to Vegas.

James said...

Glad to know that you guys are almost home! I know that you must be so excited:) So I assume Isaac is okay to fly? Take care of him on that plane. When is the next flying trip planned for? haha
Funny joke about the glue; at least you do have that! Keep smilin' Love, Abby (Take care)

Terri@SteelMagnolia said...

Just got home last night from Beaver... and I am excited to jump on your blog to see that you should be home today!

Woot! I'm calling you...


UGHHH, prescriptions are so expensive....
I remember picking up so many from the pharmacy that I needed a box to bring them all home...
and it was quite pricey!!!!!!!!!!

Hugs and I'm so happy for you all...

Yay!

You know that I love you guys w/ all my heart.