We are just a family of five...three boys, a mom, a dad, a hamster, and dog. Welcome to our crazy world. Our adventures will make you laugh, cry, and pee in your pants...
RSS

Sunday, November 25, 2007




Joe's pulling night shift again (poor nurse). Isaac does not sleep. I think he's teething of top of all his other pains and woes. Poor little guy! He tried to put his whole fist in his mouth tonight...cracks me up!! Joe brought in Mexican food tonight for dinner...what a SWEET husband I have. We're still looking at a Tuesday discharge (Wednesday morning at the latest). We're waiting for an opening in the cath lab. Isaac has a central line in place still that has to be surgically removed...and it has to be done in the cath lab. Maybe we'll luck out and they will have a cancellation tomorrow...oh...that would be glorious!!! I can TOTALLY see the light at the end of this crazy tunnel! We're almost home! I've never wanted to go back to Las Vegas so much in my life!!!
Back to Isaac. Still just a cranky fellow. (I seem to say that alot). But, he is. We're allowed to walk around the hospital now. So, I take him on a nice wagon ride...and he cries the whole time. I hold him, he cries...I put him in the bouncy seat....he cries. I put him back in bed...he kicks his feet...and cries. It's not a "I'm hurting really bad cry"..it's a whiny, "I'm just feeling icky" cry. And....really...if I had all that done to me...I'd be a little whiny too. So, I just pat his bum and talk to him until he finally decides he's finished. (which hasn't happened yet...but, Joe has to hear it all now!!!)
Notice in the pics how he puts his hand on his forehead...as if to say, "it's just tough being me!"...

Read Comments
  • Digg
  • Del.icio.us
  • StumbleUpon
  • Reddit
  • RSS

6 comments:

Anonymous said...

kathy!!!!
i haven't checked in on you while we were out-of-town for thanksgiving so i'm dyyyyying reading your blog (we didn't have a computer with us)! - you guys have been stuck there longer than i had hoped and i started getting anxious reading what you've been through - i am sooo sorry! but i am so glad i got to check in NOW and see the happy ending approach!!! i can't believe how great he looks :) and i hope you get home soon! we might be passing each other in the airport! (just kidding - you'll be home before we leave) we get in next monday so i'm starting to get sooooooo nervous. i get all choked up everytime i read about what little isaac is going through. it's just so reassuring to hear how he is pulling through this again.... a lot can change in a week but is it busy there? do they have any beds open in the CVICU? oh, i hope we get out of there with a healthy baby before christmas! thank you for issac's inspiring stories. i can't wait until you are home. the prayers will keep coming....

lisa manning

Samantha said...

Those pictures of him with his hand on his forehead are so cute! He looks terrific! So pink and adorable...and he still looks nice and chunky to me (though I am sure it is different for you). I am so happy that you guys are headed home really soon. What amazing doctors you have caring for your little man. I will continue to pray for a quick discharge home tomorrow.

Hugs,
Samantha

Anonymous said...

Finally the pictures ! ! ! It was worth the wait.! ! He's looking great.

Man, it's tough getting up at 6:30am.
Everyone here had gotten use to sleeping in late the past few days.

The boys here are right on schedule.
You should be proud!

The Portas said...

The woe-is-me pics are sooo funny! I love it!

The end is in sight and that must feel so good. You've gone through a lot these last few weeks and you have done an awesome job. I'm so excited for you guys to be back home where Isaac will be more comfortable and will thrive. Hospitals are icky and babies seem to catch onto that.

Hoping that cath lab opens up so you can get back to Vegas sooner!

garrynkim said...

Kathy,
Isaac looks soooo good! I am so glad you're all doing so great. I hope the next few days go as well. Hope to see you soon.

James said...

How darling!!! Maybe Isaac is shielding himself from the camera. He is getting to that stage where they don't like the camera anymore:) Cute, Cute, Cute.
Hurry home. Take care, Abby