We are just a family of five...three boys, a mom, a dad, a hamster, and dog. Welcome to our crazy world. Our adventures will make you laugh, cry, and pee in your pants...
RSS

Friday, November 30, 2007

Our day was CRAZY yesterday (really...would expect anything less of us??)! We did make it to Dr. Mayman's office. The heart looks good, there's no fluid around it, just a little leak around the conduit that we'll keep our eye on. He said that we're headed back to Stanford for tune-ups when the leak gets too big or the conduit narrows. (hopefully...that won't be for a while!). He did notice how fast Isaac was breathing. I didn't fully understand how much distress his lungs were now under. But, Dr. Mayman said that it wouldn't surprise him if we had a couple of hospital stays this winter due to his respiratory status (not his heart). So...I made an appointment to see the pulmonologist...and can't get in until Jan. 2nd. And that means...we'll have to continue to be hermits...no shopping excursions for me for a while...and good thing there's vons.com!!! We did get out flu shot yesterday...which didn't make his attitude any better...He's still the crankiest little guy. He's smiling and giggling one minute, then looks around and starts crying. He's still on the heavy meds and steroids (all getting tapered...he should be off of them by the weekend).
Christy was here for a few days, with her 5year old, 3 year old, and 3 week old. That Luke (3 year old) threw golf clubs, golf balls, rocks, and money in the pool. Then, he turned some nozel on the pool pump, so that when the pump turned on this morning...water was shooting all across the backyard! (They better go ahead and build a juvenile detention center near him...then his mom won't have far to travel when she has to go see him!!! (oh...he's a stinker!)Kenny (the 5 year old)--which these are all my crazy nephews--he loved playing with Eli....and the newest niece in our family...was just a tiny little cutie pie! (Can't wait to see how she turns out with her two crazy brothers!)
Isaac has a hard time going to sleep (it's the methadone)...but, finally, after 5 hours of non-stop fussyness....he's asleep. I'll try to upload pics soon....he just won't give me a minute.

Read Comments
  • Digg
  • Del.icio.us
  • StumbleUpon
  • Reddit
  • RSS

6 comments:

Terri@SteelMagnolia said...

Oh boy...
I cringe at the thought of steroids...
I yi yi..

and methadone...Matthew came home on methadone too..

You know... Matthew did not get sick ONE time his first winter after surgery... BUT I didn't have other kids and I was a total and complete hermit...
It was so worth it...

I was told the same thing by Mayman.. but it never came to be ... we were so vigilant...

Are you seeing Dr. Nakamura????
I LOOOOVVVVE HIM ... LOVE HIM...
LOVE HIM...

Terri@SteelMagnolia said...

BTW, you can always call and see if they can put you on "standby" for the pulmonologist...

they are soo good that way.

Samantha said...

Hang in there. I am glad that for the most part the heart is looking good...you have one strong little man there! The days of online shopping are great! Just think...no lines, no crowds and no obnoxious people...we have it LUCKY!

Big hugs,
Samantha

Krista said...

Welcome Home...let the insanity begin! You are a tough woman...go Kathy go!!! Praying for as smooth as possible weekend and then smooth sailing once he's off the hard core stuff! Isn't funny...as much as you HATE hospital life...once you get home..you wish you had some of those night nurses around! I'm sure the crankiness will go away soon...just put Eli in charge of entertainment! God Bless

Mandy said...

Come on Kat, we all know everyone can't be as sweet as Seth and Meghan :)

Take care of Icky and I'll come see him soon.

Eli, I'll make sure Seth doesn't play to much video games when we cone out.

T n T - K n K said...

Kat,
member us? Your long long lost amigos. I read your blog still every morning and I just miss you guys. Do you web cam yet? I've been a stay at home-mommy now for 2.5 years and I just don't know what I would do without my internet access. My escape to the outside world. I see you guys are on yahoo...that's were I web cam with my family, it's a great way to see everyone and for them to see you. I truly would be lost without mine.
Your little guy is more than a trooper, he is amazing just like mommy & daddy! Glad your all back home together.