We are just a family of five...three boys, a mom, a dad, a hamster, and dog. Welcome to our crazy world. Our adventures will make you laugh, cry, and pee in your pants...
RSS

Wednesday, November 21, 2007

I completely fell down on the JOB!! We got moved upstairs to the IICU room on 3west!!! They said that we could still be here for a week...but, we're getting closer to the door each day! His fever hasn't returned yet today..but, they did decide to change his antibiotics to make sure that he wasn't fighting an infection. He's still a bit cranky...the drugs...he'd like more. The occupational therapist came by to play with him this morning...and I took the cutest picture of him sitting up (with assistance). (I know...just teasing you about the picture and not posting it yet).
He's doing good. He's sleeping right now and I'm SO GLAD to be in this room. Joe has already landed and I'm sure he's fighting his way to the rental car lot.
Eli and I had the cutest conversation last night. He asked me if Isaac's heart was all fixed....and I said, "Yes...it is all fixed." Then, he asked again, "Are you sure?? His heart is really fixed?" And again, I said, "Yes...his heart is all fixed." Then, he said, "Good...now I can stop washing my hands!" I laughed so hard and then had to explain to him that we still had to wash our hands to make sure that he doesn't get any kind of other "sick". How cute was that???
Joe was able to go to Eli's Thanksgiving Day program in his class this morning. I'm so glad. They video taped it for me...I can't wait to see it!!

On a completely other note...I haven't done any of Christmas shopping yet. And, if there are talks of us being here another week...YIKES...looks like it will all be done on toysrus.com!! (thank goodness for free shipping!)

Read Comments
  • Digg
  • Del.icio.us
  • StumbleUpon
  • Reddit
  • RSS

6 comments:

Cheri said...

Kathy,

I'm so glad to hear Isaac is doing well and that you are upstairs!! Yea!! I was getting worried when you hadn't posted. I can't even imagine how much you have to think about besides this blog!! We are praying daily (OK, lots more than daily) for your whole family. I'm so glad Joe is there again to give you a little R&R. You are amazing!! How awesome is that to be able to tell Eli that Isaac's heart is fixed!! So thankful for modern miracles!
You are in our thoughts and prayers constantly! Take care! Keep up the great work!
Love, the Jenkins

Samantha said...

I am so happy that you guys have moved upstairs! What wonderful news! I hope that you guys are out that door soon! That story was adorable...it is so cute what the siblings have to say.

Don't worry about the Christmas shopping...that is what the internet is for...and now you have an iphone, so you are all set!

Hugs,
Samantha

The Portas said...

That is so cute what Eli said to you. It made me a little teary. I can't wait for the day when our Elijah is "all fixed." :)

I'm so glad you were moved upstairs, this is great news. I hope Joe gives you lots of love and hugs when he gets in....YOU DESERVE IT! You are so strong and brave and you've been through so much in the past few days.

Always thinking about you and praying for you. I can't wait to see pics of Isaac.

xoxoxox
Megan & Boys

Anonymous said...

mom and dad
i hope you feel happy with isaac
i hope he feels better soon
eli

James said...

Kathy, Joe, and Isaac,
It sure is good news that all is going well. We all have so much to be thankful for. Keep up the good work Isaac! And you will be home for sure to see the old fat man, in the red suit come around :)
Love, The McKeel's

Mandy said...

Mom said that Isaac was down to 13 lbs. Don't worry, mom will be at your house waiting to fatten him up before she leaves. Just tell Mom she has to extend her flight so that she'll have more time to fatten him up. I'm sure you'll be okay getting the toys late. You always know how to find toys at the last minute. (And yes, I will be going out on black Friday before work to get Chris his snow globe from Penneys!! We gotta keep this tradition going.)

Love ya and take care.

Hi Joe