We are just a family of five...three boys, a mom, a dad, a hamster, and dog. Welcome to our crazy world. Our adventures will make you laugh, cry, and pee in your pants...
RSS

Monday, November 12, 2007




Isaac He's still doing awesome! Although, the left leg is still very swollen. There are talks of a blood clot, but they are just watching it for now. If it's a clot, they said that they would just give him Heprin. He is scheduled FOR SURE to go to the cath lab tomorrow. He'll be the 2nd case..so, he should go back about 10 or 11:00. They're on a mission to coil any stray collaterals that may be looming around. (3 or 4...but, there could be more once they get in there). I have NO idea how long this cath will take. But, the talented Dr. Perry will be performing the cath and he always does a great job. Isaac's day nurse was Ann again...and his night nurse tonight is Nelse (she's new). Don't worry...I checked out her background before leaving her in charge of Isaac. (She's worked at Boston's childrens...so, she's qualified).
Isaac was opening his eyes alot today..(with the moving out of 2 babies to make room for the new babies)...and I was able to take the pics. They are still keeping him very sedated...but, that doesn't stop our nosy little guy from wanting to see what's going on around him. The vent will indeed come off in the next day or two...and we'll work really hard to get moved on up to 3 west...and then out the DOOR!!! Vegas...here we come! I do hope we get to eat turkey at home instead of the hospital...but, if we're here...we'll make the best of it (TAKE OUT!)
The big boys slept in our bed last night...I'm not sure if it's because their rooms were so messy that they couldn't find their beds...or if they really miss us! (so sweet). Joe flies home tomorrow night. So...I'll be in charge of Mr. Isaac myself. You know...I've been training for this day..and I think I can handle the responsibilty!
(oh...it's late, I'm tired..and just being silly) I hope everyone has a good night...and I'll be sure to post tomorrow once he's out of the cath. (wireless is back up at the hospital...whoo hoo!) All is right in the world!!!

Read Comments
  • Digg
  • Del.icio.us
  • StumbleUpon
  • Reddit
  • RSS

6 comments:

The Portas said...

What a little sweetie pie. He looks like such a strong little guy lying there like that. We're still saying lots of prayers for you guys. Keep us posted on the cath today. You're right, it was probably good to give him an extra day of rest in preparation for that. He'll do great!

Samantha said...

I will be praying for you guys today during the cath...what a sweet little boy he is. Sorry that leg is still puffy...Micah had to take Heparin after his last cath for the same reason (he only needed it for about 1 day though).

I am hoping that you will be eating turkey in Vegas this year!

Hugs,
Samantha

Terri@SteelMagnolia said...

It cracks me up how you call him your nosey little guy...
hee hee...

Wow.. Stanford is truly an amazing place!

Anonymous said...

What cool stories! You are like in the discovery health channel! I love it. He looks so cute being nosey.
Love, Brittany

Brooke said...

What a little angel. I am so glad everything is going so well. I hope you get home for turkey day too. Love the Bunkers

Unknown said...

That's wayy exciting! Way to go guys and guy. Later.
B.evans