We are just a family of five...three boys, a mom, a dad, a hamster, and dog. Welcome to our crazy world. Our adventures will make you laugh, cry, and pee in your pants...
RSS

Friday, November 16, 2007

Look at the time stamps from the last post...and this one.
They just called...FREAKED ME OUT that my cell phone was ringing...I thought it was my alarm and it was time to get up already...
They had to put his breathing tube back in.
His CO2 levels kept climbing and it was hard for him to breathe...
She did say that his airways were swollen..so, they used a smaller breathing tube this time. I'm not sure how long they'll give him on the vent to start again...they've been cutting his methadone and ativan...I don't want him WIDE awake with this in his mouth...
So..looks like he just needs a few more days to rest. (looks like I should book Joe's return flight to visit us next week).
Back to bed....If I get anymore news...I'll post.
And my mom didn't think that they would call and bother me!

Read Comments
  • Digg
  • Del.icio.us
  • StumbleUpon
  • Reddit
  • RSS

5 comments:

Terri@SteelMagnolia said...

*big sigh*

oh girl, I'm so sorry he needed to be re~intubated again ...

and NO he will NOT like that bipap or cpap mask .... it is not fun for them... but then again, neither is that tube down his throat....

poor little fella...

Keeping you all in my prayers girl...

Gosh, I hope you'll be getting up to 3West soon... huh???

What kind of antibiotic??? Just curious.

Terri@SteelMagnolia said...

I just wrote about someone stealing your food at RMH on my blog....GAH.. I'm just stunned.

The Portas said...

Oh I'm so sorry to hear about the breathing tube. We went through this same thing with Elijah's surgery and I think that was the hardest part of the whole recovery for me to deal with. It's hard to see things regress, but it's also a very common hiccup to run into. When he's ready, it will come out. He just needs a few more days to rest.

I hope CSN stays far away from you guys. You definitely don't need to add that worry to things right now. Good thing I'm far away, I might try to come beat her up.

I cannot BELIEVE someone stole your food from the RMH!!!! That is horrible!

Hang in there. We are continuing lots of prayers for you all. Last night Elijah said an extra long one for Baby Isaac. :)

Grandma Judy said...

The vent back IN? Oh that's terrible.
I'm ready for my baby to come home!

Samantha said...

I am sooooo sorry about all that is going on. Micah also had to be reintubated a number of times after his surgeries...it is just Isaac's little body telling you that he needs more rest...he will get there...I know he will hate that Sipap/CPAP machine too...Micah HATED it with a passion!

I can't believe someone had the nerve to take your food...that is crazy...it just seems that there is A LOT of crazy there in CA (nurses, student nurses, food thieves)...you just need to tell Isaac that you need to get back home where the normal people are.

Hang in there, I know it is hard, but remember that it takes time. He will get through this, you will get through this and soon you will all be back home together again. I am always thinking of you guys.

Love,
Samantha