We are just a family of five...three boys, a mom, a dad, a hamster, and dog. Welcome to our crazy world. Our adventures will make you laugh, cry, and pee in your pants...
RSS

Sunday, November 04, 2007


Ok...It's Sunday night and Joe and Eli have landed back in Vegas. It's just me and Isaac. We forgot SO many things on this trip. Like, the cord that attaches the camera to my computer so that I can upload pictures to this blog! (What am I going to do now??) Well, here's what I'll do for you guys...I'll take pics with both my cell phone and my real camera. And each night, I can upload cell pics via bluetooth...upload the good camera pics on Wednesday when Joe flies back up here.
Whoo...
Isaac is now sleeping, which is good, because I have packing to do. I have to pack because they don't know if they will keep us in the hospital until Wednesday (after the cath tomorrow), or discharge us after the cath, or have us return on Tuesday to spend the night...or have us go tomorrow for the cath, go home, and then return Wednesday morning for surgery. (Did you get all that??)
There's still no room at the Ronald McDonald House...and Pat, the woman we LOVE wasn't there yesterday when we stopped by. We left a message for her to call me...so, fingers crossed that she can squeeze us in soon! I love that I don't have to clean my room here at the hotel, but...I'd rather spend my money elsewhere than at the Best Western!
I drove Joe and Eli to the airport...and didn't get lost (because I have the navigation..but, sometimes that doesn't really mean anything when I'm driving)...and I didn't run into anyone OR get a speeding ticket! This day is ending LOVELY!
Isaac wretched THREE times today...and they were big ones where he chokes really bad and turns that ghastly blue-gray color. I can't remember if I posted, but since I'm only giving him straight breastmilk...he can't have anymore volume, but, he also isn't getting enough calories. So, Dr. Baron gave us a orders for MCT oil...it's suppose to just add calories to him without the carbs. I started giving him this oil last night...and this morning...and that's when the wretching started. So...Dr. Kathy has decided that I'm not giving the oil anymore tonight and see how he does. Maybe I'll just have to pump FOREVER...that seems to be all his little tummy can handle!

Read Comments
  • Digg
  • Del.icio.us
  • StumbleUpon
  • Reddit
  • RSS

4 comments:

Samantha said...

Both our boys will be drinking the special mommy's milk forever...Micah refuses to wean...and I mean refuses...he will go on hunger strike if I try to stop...he is almost 16 months old...what to do??? Oh well, they deserve it...after all, they have been through so much.

I hope that you get into the RMH soon...I also hope that all goes well with the cath...we ar thinking of you and wish you all the best.

Hugs,
Samantha

Samantha said...

Oh, one more thing...I am sorry he started that wretching nonsense with you again...tell him to stop it, you have enough to worry about...I hate that color you are talking about...Micah turns that color during his seizures and it is terrifying beyond belief. I do love the picture you posted of him today...so cute!

The Portas said...

Don't you just love how we mommies become doctors? Honestly, sometimes I feel like I can diagnose and treat things better than "they" can. I'm so sorry to hear the retching is back. I really hope you guys figure something out soon. I can't imagine that's too fun.

The snoozing pic is precious! I'll be watching to see how the cath goes. Good luck, everything will be great!

Grandma Judy said...

Oh, he looks so restful. Wish I were there with you. Your little ones here are great. They were up early this morning for school. Chris decided he liked that and wants to get up early every morning. He likes spending the extra time with Eli. How sweet is that?